Firefly runnin his mouth

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some parts from Ibrahim (firefly), and the USPS lost the mailing. Luckily I had a USPS money order, but for me to reclaim my $ took about nine weeks. I released 'firefly' from the deal, but he said he would stick-by me as I posted to him copies of my original receipts for the money order and the mailing. As soon as I got the refund, I sent it to him again USPS, but Priority Mail & tracking, and he got it, and promptly forwarded me the merchandise.

So, I don't blame him for being a bit suspicious about not receiving something from me after I claimed I had sent it, he didn't know me, but we were able to make it work, eventually. I just wanted to post about my experience w/him.

Personally, unless someone is begging to be flamed, I avoid such behavior, life is too-short. The Golden Rule is still a good way to behave, whether or not you follow it. I know that people have a better opinion of me because at work I don't engage in the petty backbiting gossip that many workplaces have.

Sometimes we make unfortunate choices, and posting something less-than flattering is what I would classify that way.

I've been on the Yahoo groups since the mid 90's, and met a lot of good people there.

Ibrahim is a Jackass, plain and simple. His latest obnoxious thing is to badmouth Max's because he blew his up, after putting every snake oil known to man in the crankcase and gas tank.

My only experience with trying to do some "business" with him was when he did a Kosman 18" wheel conversion and was not happy with it. He decided he wanted a 17". I offered to purchase the wheel at what he paid for it, and send him my perfect rear wheel. I was about to purchase a conversion from Kosman and this would have saved a lot of extra time. He said he would think about it. I contacted him a week later and he told me that he had sent the wheel back to Kosman to have it re-machined into a 17". :ummm: WTF?

His antics on the Yahoo groups over the years reallyy cannot be defended IMO. I'm not surprised he has very little support there.

He just removed himself from the vmoatech yahoo site. ( Before he was to be banned I think , as he only had 1 supporter among all those who voiced an opinion ) .

Not quite true... I've been reading the posts there as well and there were several that weren't asking for him to be expelled... I think this is too much spare time on everyones hands... I already had some hard "disagreements" with people here and no one needed to be expelled right? People just have to be educated... and everyone is entitled to have a bad day. if thats the case or not i do not know but i just think its not fair to come here to bash a guy for a thing you heard on another "forum"...

I was impressed with fireflys changed demeanor on this board during his last round of visits here.

That being said, if you know Shad, (VmaxinD) he has one of the most Zen like personalities I've ever known, very accepting person in regards to the faults of others. He had a reason for posting a direct quote in that it shows Firefly for the backstabber he was being "in that one particular instance" and I too feel a FYI on it from Shad was not without merit. I'd want to know if it was about me.

Unlike a lot of forums the guys here, being a close bunch, do tend to turn to thier friends here to air personal issues and seek advice, I know I have.

I'd be beyond pissed if that info was used in a derogatory manner on another forum, and would want everyone who hasn't seen that persons true character to be aware of it.

If it was a first time oddity of a violation then yes a PM would probably have been more appropriate, but in light of Fireflys track history I would have to say he's used up all his slack and it was correct in making it public so more recent members who don't remember the Firefly of the past would know about it. After a chance for forgiveness, of which he has had many, a person deserves to suffer for their unrepentant character faults.

That being said, if you know Shad, (VmaxinD) he has one of the most Zen like personalities I've ever known, very accepting person in regards to the faults of others.

This is very true, It was a pleasure to have him as a guest while he was visiting Alaska.

Guess I'm glad I wasn't here for all this drama bs. Seems all or most of these forums or social network s have drama. I just mind my business and stay away or out of any drama. Life's to short to deal w/ forum games n bs. JMO

I'm sure Rusty and KJ were like WTF? When they read this post. I'll admit, it goes against my norm. But, JR has done alot for the love of this bike and all the things it has created. For some reason I can't let firefly/creativerehab talk like that about another brother in total disrepect of his person.

Just an fyi..... Same dog that bit you last night, will bite your ass in the morning.

Gueess you new guys don't remember vmax190 :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Or lankee. Wonder how his forum is doing.

Not quite true... I've been reading the posts there as well and there were several that weren't asking for him to be expelled... I think this is too much spare time on everyones hands... I already had some hard "disagreements" with people here and no one needed to be expelled right? People just have to be educated... and everyone is entitled to have a bad day. if thats the case or not i do not know but i just think its not fair to come here to bash a guy for a thing you heard on another "forum"...

Then re-read them as I did. Out of the supportive posts I read , one was being sarcastic , one other said let him stay ( at the time of my posting ) , and eleven said he should go. Most of the time I could care less what somebody posts until it gets personal and mean. What he said was personal , cowardly , and mean and I guarantee he would never say anything like what he posted , face to face. Cowards never will. He has hidden behind different names for a reason. Figure it out.

I think you guys need to see how much name calling he has endured by many of those same people over the years. It's far more one sided against him then he's done back. If someone posts info on a public thread on a forum about their personal life then it's open to be used at anytime.

It's not in good taste but it's not like he had to dig around for the info.

I don't have a problem with his opinions which are always what they are. Too many people have thin skin and get offended when they don't agree.

He did get 77k miles on his bike (that he bought new). That's better then many people on here and over there. So, whatever he was doing to it wasn't killing it either. Maybe not doing any good on some of his stuff. He was trying things all the time and experimenting. That's again more then most on here or there do.

Sean

Im leaning to what Sean said... People can think what they will but, I don't know what their relation is/was. Theres lots of "fights" in different forums, that doesn't mean that i come here and start saying that, that POS is doing so and so... If he is behaving on this forum im not entitled to give him shit for something that happened on another place and don't even know the details. I may be wrong but i just don't think its fair... its like Sean said. If you don't put your info/problems online you'll never get "beaten" for it... whatever the reason for doing so may be... Just my thoughts and im not assuming anything bad for whoever posted or supported the bashing posts in here eventhough i have a different opinion...

I think you guys need to see how much name calling he has endured by many of those same people over the years. It's far more one sided against him then he's done back. If someone posts info on a public thread on a forum about their personal life then it's open to be used at anytime.

It's not in good taste but it's not like he had to dig around for the info.

I don't have a problem with his opinions which are always what they are. Too many people have thin skin and get offended when they don't agree.

Sean

This isn't exactly true as you and others that support him don't see what goes on behind the scenes. There is a reason he has been banned off all the Yahoo lists and forums, including this one (twice!!). He has a Jekyll and Hyde personality. If someone questions his post or disagrees with him, his response you see online pales in comparison to what he sends to that person through PM, email and even phone calls if he can dig up enough info on the person. He "befriends" long term users on the forum/list to support his diatribe while causing bullshit behind the scenes.

Agreed, when you don't see or know all the facts it's hard to make accurate judgment calls. If he's sending out PM's that is at least keeping communication away from everyone else.

I would not go so far as to say i am a 100% supporter. I am just saying I don't care what he spiels since it's a forum and I expect to see this kind of stuff on occasion. When someone starts actually causing physical loss or selling products that aren't backed with any kind of service then I start to have a bigger problem.

Back