First VMAX and in love all over again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haggis78

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I am from Perth Australia. Always liked the VMAX but really have not had anything to do with the bikes until now. They are pretty rare over here.
Just saying hello, I have been riding bikes since I was a kid and had nearly every engine configuration and it was time for a V4.

My last bike is 2006 Triumph 1050 and now I have a 1988 VMAX.
Its a massive change but its a different sort of buzz from the MAX.

I love the bike it alredady has R! brakes and I have ordered all the bits to put R1 forks using cycleone off triples keeping the original front wheel and guard.
I am also getting a 4-2-1 Kerker system with the Morley Jetting kit and airbox.

Rear wheel will be next but have no idea which way I will go with that yet.

Thanks in advance I have already got a lot of info from the site. I am looking forward to seeing how the bike transforms.

Cheers Peter.....

Welcome Peter. For sure , look up naughty g . great guy to ride with and knows a lot about the Max. Post some pics please.

Welcome aboard Peter, what do you mean by rare there? I've got Two MAXGASSER's in Australia, thats more then in the State their made in!

Thanks for the welcomes. I will get some pics up later on but it's a black 88 pretty stock ATM.

Love the Avatar Peter! Sounds like you got some great first mods planned. Check out the Maxgasser seat as a future upgrade. You'll never regret it! Don't be a stranger.
PATMAX. Southwest Florida

Love the Avatar Peter! Sounds like you got some great first mods planned. Check out the Maxgasser seat as a future upgrade. You'll never regret it! Don't be a stranger.
PATMAX. Southwest Florida

Woohoo another Perth Vmaxer! Yup for sure let's catch up and go ride, I'll be back in town by the end of Jan..

Which '88 did you buy Peter? A black one from a private seller or the yellow one from the dealers in Osborne Park?

Also I have another '86 coming that will be up for sale soon :)

Back