float gauge tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwkerr007

Supporting Member
Reaction score
anybody have the float gauge tool they want to sell or know where i could buy one reasonably? I made one but I would like to have a real one just to be anal. I've been taking mine to the track and I'm trying to gain a little time, you know so I can wave at the sportbikes when I go by lol!

anybody have the float gauge tool they want to sell or know where i could buy one reasonably? I made one but I would like to have a real one just to be anal. I've been taking mine to the track and I'm trying to gain a little time, you know so I can wave at the sportbikes when I go by lol!

Plenty of options online starting sround $20. I use a set of digital calipers. Works pretty well.

Dont forget, You need to verify wet level after a dry check

+1. I had an OEM tool but found a clear piece of clear hosing carefully marked by 1/2 mm increments worked best.

Mark

I used calipers to mark a piece of clear hose until I BOUGHT the OEM tool. The price of the tool wasn't worth it IMO. I ended up marking it just like the clear tubing. All the graduating marks were actually a hinder.

I found the same thing Steve-o, all the graduation marks were confusing. I got a small glass tube and made a tic mark 17mm from the top with a Dremel cut off tool.

A very good idea Dan-o. A marker washes off from the gas. I had marked mine with a file for a permanent tic mark. The first time I did it was kind of like the first time ... with a girl. Awkward and all consuming. But we get it right(the float level that is).

Thanks guys for the input I had some weedeater hose that i put on the carb and then slid a larger clear tubing over it so as to have more area to see (don't want nobody see me with those readin glasses on)! Then I went with ya'lls advice and it all went like clockwork! Thanks again for the specs and advice !!!!!!!

I have not as of yet had to adjust my floats... o_O! Damon worked on my set I bought from Sheldon when I was getting engine work done, and I have my original set that Danny made like new just last year. I'm just lucky I guess.

Back