For Sons Everywhere

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_Owens

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Sorry to put a bit of a damper on things, but I just lost my father. We laid him to rest yesterday.

Many times in this thing we call life, we all get so caught up in what we're doing that we can easily lose our focus on what really matters.

I got to talk to my dad the day before he passed away of a stroke. He sounded great. He felt good. He was thankful...especially given the condition he was in last year. God, for whatever reason, decided to give him one last hurrah. He got healthy for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and my daughters birthday. He died the day after that.

Although this song can be for anybody, it's really for the sons. No offense to you ladies out there, but we men are a tough lot. In being men, it's not always very easy to express ourselves...to make ourselves talk about the things that we really should talk about, but seldom do.

The late, great Chet Atkins sums up well what a father means to a son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8590o8A4iU8

Get your Kleenex out, guys.

And call your dad tonight.

All the best,
Tom

I'm sorry to hear of your loss of your father Tom. Very appropiate song that struck me to my heart. I lost my dad at a early age (12) so I know I missed a lot we might have shared. I had a awesome step-father that I think I will call tonight as it's been a while since we chatted. Thanks Tom for reminding me how important it is to stay in touch.
Once again, sorry to hear of your loss.

I'm sorry for your loss Tom, I lost a parent 2 years ago to cancer. Although loosing a parent gives you the coulda, shoulda thoughts. It also brings back the good, fun memories. I'll say an extra one for you and your family.

Sorry about your Daddy Tom, (yes I call mine that still)

Remember the good is all I can say.

I lost my Daddy to an auto accident when I was only 20, and never had the chance to say goodbye; and even worse it was at a time in my life we were at odds like most young men and their fathers at that age are and I thought I was still trying to earn his respect.
I always had it but never thought so at the time and agonized over it for a very long time. I get teary eyed just typing this.

My prayers are with you.

P.S.

Whatever link you posted isn't making it through my company server. What song is it so can go find it?

Thanks,

Rusty

Tom, my sincere condolences. I wish you a speedy healing process.

Mark

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, 2 WEEKS AGO I GAVE A GUY CPR FOR 12 MINUTES AND HE DID'NT MAKE IT, I WAS REALY TORE-UP AND I DID'NT EVEN KNOW HIS NAME, SO I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW YOU FEEL, JUST THINK ABOUT ALL THE GOOD TIMES YOU GUYS HAD, & EVERYONE HEELS IN THIER OWN WAY, MY HEARTS WITH YOU !!!!

tom sorry about your loss . i know how hard it is now lost my father 24 years ago .lost my brother a day before my birthday in october still think of him daily still havnt cleaned out his room not looking forward to it .really keeps you thinking how short of time we are here for.

Back