fork springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have aftermarket progressive springs, thats why I'm hesitating.

You can use it with aftermarket also. There is a thread on here where someone has and has had great results.

I have the Ricors with Progressive springs. I'm actually going to try the stock springs with the Ricors as the current set-up is pretty harsh.

So on this crappy, cold rainy day I put the stock springs back in with the Ricor's and 5w oil. I'll post after a test ride later this week when the sun is back out.
If I don't like this set-up I'm going to try just the Progressive springs and 10w oil without the Ricor's.

So on this crappy, cold rainy day I put the stock springs back in with the Ricor's and 5w oil. I'll post after a test ride later this week when the sun is back out.
If I don't like this set-up I'm going to try just the Progressive springs and 10w oil without the Ricor's.

At last...The moment Ive been waiting for.:clapping:

So, the normal stock dive & float came back with the stock springs. The bumps & pot holes seemed to smooth out and wasn't as harsh as with the progressives however it didn't feel as secure or planted on the road.
I have now removed the Ricors, changed to 10w oil with just the Progressive springs. Hoping to test within the next couple days as the weather clears again.

Trevor did you run any air with the stock springs and Ricors, or no air?

I just put my Ricors in this aft with stock springs, 5wt oil and no air so far. I have a few details to finish up before I can test drive.

G Man

Slight threadjack, but its related. I installed progressives over the winter and I now have an oil leak out of the air hole on one fork. There is no longer any air pressure in there, so I gather that I can just seal those holes. How to do it? Will JB Weld hold up?

Slight threadjack, but its related. I installed progressives over the winter and I now have an oil leak out of the air hole on one fork. There is no longer any air pressure in there, so I gather that I can just seal those holes. How to do it? Will JB Weld hold up?

thats what most guys do.

Trevor, I have Progressive springs (lowered 2") installed with the Intiminators/ 5wt oil. Today is the first day I have ridden it with them and they have so far been great. More supple over the normal frost heaves that used to be a little jolting to ride over.
It's hard to tell by a 40 mile ride how they really will fare for sure but so far so good. I'll report back as I get more of a feel for them.

Trevor did you run any air with the stock springs and Ricors, or no air?

I just put my Ricors in this aft with stock springs, 5wt oil and no air so far. I have a few details to finish up before I can test drive.

G Man

10psi with stock springs and Ricors. No air with progressive's with or without Ricors.

I am running Progressives with the Ricors and 5wt oil and a 1" drop

I really like this combination as compared to the stock springs. The ride certainly is stiffer, but I wouldn't consider it to be harsh.

The one think I notice is that the front really seems planted and tracks very well ever over undulating pavement.

When I did the install, I took the recommended progressive spacer length and cut about 5/8" off (same thickness as the Ricor) to keep the same preload.

I am running Progressives with the Ricors and 5wt oil and a 1" drop

I really like this combination as compared to the stock springs. The ride certainly is stiffer, but I wouldn't consider it to be harsh.

The one think I notice is that the front really seems planted and tracks very well ever over undulating pavement.

When I did the install, I took the recommended progressive spacer length and cut about 5/8" off (same thickness as the Ricor) to keep the same preload.

I have this exact setup and its great. I find my front end is now very responsive and no more bottoming out!

I'm also running a similar setup: Ricor, Prog springs, 5W oil. No drop here though, and slightly increased preload as I didn't cut my spacers when installing the Intimators.

Love it as it is, much much better than before, and a pretty good ride IMO.

Latest posts

Back