Forward pegs? Sliders?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOOST

Reaction score
Being nearly 6' tall, I find it a bit cramped in the standard VMax foot position. Sure would like to stretch my legs out a bit on longer rides. Any forward peg setups out there for the VMax? Could I utilize a set of "sliders" for this? Is there anything specifically designed to be used as forward pegs? Do not want any clamp on junk. Dan

There are a couple companies out there that make forward controls.
Seeger is one. Billet Bike Bits is another. Neither cheap.

I mounted a set of COO frame sliders and use them as an alternate foot rest. They fit well and blend in with the bike. But, still not a lot of room to move around with them. You can only get your heels up there because the sliders are so close to the engine. Not enough room behind the slider for you to put the arch of you foot on them.

Also, Sean Morley has some peg options that you could check out. http://www.facebook.com/media/album....10150119442618679.293182.282702488678&type=1

The factory style sliders make a passable forward footrest if you put some grippy material(antislip tape) on the top of the bar. They also make a great place to mount aftermarket clampon footrest. There is a couple MFG's (Kuraykyn and Rivco) that make footrests with their own bar and clamp setup just make sure you get 1 1/4" clamps to go around the frame in between the front engine mounts.
Here are some links:
Kuryakyn Model 7993
Rivco Products HD003

Last edited:
Yep, we've sold a number of the Kury pegs and also done a few of the engine guard modifications to add the pegs. The Kury route is cheaper.

Sean

I'm 6'2" and have fold down pegs mounted on the engine guards of both VMax's. I wouldn't survive a 50 mile ride without.
Bad body parts of old age suck. Back, Hips, Knees, etc... Good Luck, lots of choices...

I'm 6'2" and have fold down pegs mounted on the engine guards of both VMax's. I wouldn't survive a 50 mile ride without.
Bad body parts of old age suck. Back, Hips, Knees, etc... Good Luck, lots of choices...

6'-0" & same setup....works good.................

Back