Frame Brace dimesions for 98 Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
I just found out my neighbor is a machinest and can make pretty much anything and i mention the frame supports to him and he said no prob just need to get some specs if posibble and material , i dont have the cash to buy any for awhile , i do tree work so we're gonna do a barter, any help would be sweet :punk:

look at photo' of bike with braces to get ideal where they are going to go. Then use your bike as measurement

I looked at some pics and trying to figure out how they attach, clamp around both ends of exsiting frame? some even look like they are bolted through the old frame? anyone have any close up pics? if i have this guy make this want to get it right the first time:ummm:

do your own design. Some you have to weld tabs , some clamp around the frame. Now with that in mind. Figure about where you want to brace it, from other designs already out there and just go for it. Really there is no wrong or right. Just brace from about the same areas and go for it!

A lot of the designs use the frame mounts just up from the ones where the Frame bars mount and go up to just under the seat near the the Faux tank cover. I hope that helps, You can weld a tab on the top or use a clamp system.

Be sure if you use the clamp method that none of the seat styles interfere with fitment. I think some of the bolt-ons only work with the stock seat. I also think if you were going to market a brace set, the bolt-on would sell better. I would be interested in a bolt-on set that fit with my Corbin seat if it wasn't too expensive. Just my :twocents:. :biglaugh:

Back