front brake reservoir problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie6513

Reaction score
i had to add a little brake fluid & now the thing won't stop leaking i didn't add too much it still needs more it leaks from the right side of the reservoir
any ideas is the rubber boot already bad i only have 6000 miles on the bike.

thanks for any help

There is a possiblity that you have overfilled it and the excess is leaking out of the weep hole. If you filled it to the top of the window I would say that this is the likely culprit. I only fill mine to slightly above the midway point between the full and low lines. Take a syringe and remove a bit of fliud and see if the leaking stops.

thats what i thought it was i took alot out of it last night still leaking this morning its eating all the paint around it & under the cap is some paint maybe thats the problem.

If the paint is eaten away I would take the cover and the rubber boot, clean them up with water, dry them thoroughly, check them again make sure they are dry (water and brake fluid are mortal enemies), clean the mating surface on the master cylinder, and put the cover/rubber "gasket/boot" back on and see if it leaks. Sounds like there might be a fleck of paint or foreign material that is preventing a seal.

Might have gotten a bit of contamination in there as Jim pointed out. The vent hole is on top of the seal so as long as the seal is not bad in that area it should never leak even if overfilled (other then from residual pressure pushing it out if it really was overfilled).

Sean

i give up it just won't stop leaking i say empty the reservoir & screw that front brake sick of dicking with it...

Can you post some pictures of the reservoir, the cap with the gasket and the general area where it's leaking?

the rubber boot was damaged i may have tightened too much replaced it good to go now....

Back