Front brake switch is Bad?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad-Max89

Reaction score
Quick question how hard is it to replace a front brake switch for my rear brake light. Was just thinking of what it may cost to replace and fix myself.

the switch itself is just one screw (if i remember correctly) and unplug the two terminals. very very easy.

Well replaced the switch it was very easy to replace. The only issue it's NOT working think I have a short in the wire somewhere. I was looking in manuel and it shows on 89max wire goes from switch to rear break pedal. Any way of knowing where and how to replace the wire. Just wondering how hard this will be to fix miss using front break to signal I'm slowing not just relying on back break light to signal.

I take it your rear brake pedal successfully activates the brake light?

Yes rear works fine just like the idea of it working just to pass inspection. also use it while sitting at stop lights...To many tards on the road now days I like to trigger is as much as possible.

Yes rear works fine just like the idea of it working just to pass inspection. also use it while sitting at stop lights...To many tards on the road now days I like to trigger is as much as possible.
Bridge the wires at the switch. The light should come on. If not, you have an open somewhere in the harness.
One method is to trace the wire back through the harness and looking for the break by piercing the wire at various locations with a test light. Very time consuming.
I just had a similar problem with a rear turn signal on a CB550 that I'm working on. No voltage. A break somewhere in the harness. Rather than slicing the harness open and probing around, I simply bypassed the original wire by running a single wire of the same gauge outside the wiring harness from the signal to where it plugs in inside the headlight (or the switch in your case). You can either solder the old connectors on or use new ones.

Back