• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Matte Black 2003

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, unfortunately I would have to buy without seeing it in person and have it shipped :(

I'm open to shipping. What better way to get to know a bike than to fly out and ride it back as well? I know a certain member here that bought a vmax at a dealership in ohio, drove it to utica NY then a ride to canton, ny and up to quebec afterwards.

feel free to ask around to other members on my feedback as well if you are serious.

Ive dealt with Garrett for parts. I wouldnt hesitate to get from him again, and if there are issues, he WILL make it right.

Thats been my dealings with him.

Tell us this isn't true Garrett:confused2:

Attachments

• batman2.jpg
    batman2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 26
This is pending a sale, however I have a question for you folks who ship bikes regularly.

How do you handle insurance/title transfer?

So I assume i'd have the $$ inhand (cashed check) and signed the title over to the new owner before shipping. But then it gets foggy, who has insurance on the bike during shipping and until handoff?

I say that would be a private agreement between you and the buyer (about the ins). The shipping company might sell ins strictly for the transport.

Ive been able to get ins on a vehicle BEFORE Ive gone and gotten it registered.

Last edited:
I say that would be a private agreement between you and the buyer (about the ins). The shipping company might sell ins strictly for the transport.

Ive been able to get ins on a vehicle BEFORE Ive gone and gotten it registered.

I agree, it will be but i know other guys have sold bikes and had them shipped, notsure if there was a SOP for this type of scenario.

To me, it makes the most sense for me to sell over the bike, certify mail the title and the new owner to buy insurance, under his name on the bike for transport.

Then during transport if something happened new insurance would take the claim, since bike was in buyers name and now is in that state.

I would keep insurance however as a backup plan. Putting a claim on my insurance for a bike I don't own or have access to would be difficult and probably raise red flags. Doing some reading online but nothing coming up yet.

Edit: on another note looking at uship it appears the shipping company should also cover any damages, interesting, i figured any damages were the owners fault and you sign away all rights on a waiver.

This is pending a sale, however I have a question for you folks who ship bikes regularly.

How do you handle insurance/title transfer?

So I assume i'd have the $$ inhand (cashed check) and signed the title over to the new owner before shipping. But then it gets foggy, who has insurance on the bike during shipping and until handoff?
I just done this with Jim & I have done it wit numerous people. I send a certified cashiers check ounce they have the cash they sign & send me the title certified mail . As far as insurance if you are using a bonded shipper with insurance they are responsible for the bike if they damage it. I have had good luck doing this I know Jim was Cool & easy to deal with.

I just done this with Jim & I have done it wit numerous people. I send a certified cashiers check ounce they have the cash they sign & send me the title certified mail . As far as insurance if you are using a bonded shipper with insurance they are responsible for the bike if they damage it. I have had good luck doing this I know Jim was Cool & easy to deal with.

So between the seller sending the title and the Buyer receiving it, who has insurance on it, say it was stolen, fire etc?

Or even between the buyer getting title and time it arrives or is shipped.

So between the seller sending the title and the Buyer receiving it, who has insurance on it, say it was stolen, fire etc?

Or even between the buyer getting title and time it arrives or is shipped.
If have always just left the insurance on my stuff for the extra week usually takes . Its kind of an agreement between the buyer /seller . As long as the buyer has the Vin number he should be able to get insurance on it if he wants.

I think in theory the bike is still yours until the new title is made at the BMV.....so the insurance company shouldn't have a problem keeping insurance on the bike until it arrives at its destination. Like Kyle said, most shippers have their own insurance.

When I bought my new max, I had it insured before it left the seller, and he left his insurance on it until it arrived here. Title came to me about a week later. No problems. I also did an electronic bank transfer for the funds- took a couple days to clear his bank?? but it all worked out well.

Thanks for the help guys, i think the key is getting the buyer to insure bike during transit. and sending the title ahead of time.

Insurance companies are required to automatically cover any vehicle you purchase for the first thirty days after the bill of sale is written as long as you already have a policy with them. And like someone else said, bonded transport companies are required to do before/after inspections for damage and cover anything wrong, that's why they're so much more reliable than other shipping options, and that's why the military uses it to ship stuff when a service member moves to a new duty station.

Back