• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Matte Black 2003

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
UPDATED ***

2003 Yamaha vmax for sale. Clean title, ~27k miles, still riding it. $4500 OBO. Oil was changed last fall (engine + diff) along with fuel filter. Coolant was done spring of 2013 along with hydraulic fluids.

Performance:
Dale Walker ceramic coated exhaust sytem with 17" mufflers. Quiter idle but loud above 4k/5k rpms. 6 O2 bungs welded (one for each header and 2 in each of the 2-1 collectors)
Morley Muscle Jet kit
~120 rwhp dyno tuned by local shop (sheets included)
DD clutch
HD oiling kit with new aftermarket o-ring and COO stopper

Handling:
Progressive front suspension lowered 1" with 10 wt oil.
Black Stainless Steel braided lines - brakes and clutch
FJR Master cylinders with adjustable levers
EBC pads front and rear
Delrin Solid motor mounts
tourmaster tires front(120/90-18) and rear (170/80-15). Tires have less than 1000 miles on them
Notched/braced Swingarm

Comfort:
Morley Muscle Mid-cut seat
heated grips
bar end mirrors

Cosmetic:
Clear waterpump cover
Powdercoated: Upper triple tree, lower triple tree, handlebars, handlebar risers/clamps, headlight crown, swingarm, stator insert, wheels, side covers, rear brake arm, passenger peg brackets, carb covers, grab bar, fork brace, swingarm caps, license plate bracket, headlight bracket, scoops,
Painted: Rear drive differential, headlight bucket
aftermarket turn signals, brake/running light/license plate holder

Extra parts included - Spare levers and mirrors. stock waterpump cover. centerstand + hardware. O2 Bung plugs, tool kit, manuals. rear diff oil

IMAG0689.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0695.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0694.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FS Feeler: Matte 2003

I always liked your bike Garrett, but I'm curious what else could have peaked your interest enough for you to consider selling your Vmax??

its looking less likely to happen but we'll see gents!

this is what had perked my interest:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/mcy/4184745599.html

but it is actually an '06, not in the best cosmetic shape and the '06 engine threw a rod and theres an '08 engine in it that the dealer who replaced it was not thrilled about the condition.

That being said my offer taking into account all those things was lower than what he wanted so, no S3 for me.

My v-max is still for sale for now. Maybe something else will come up, bad time to sell so i don't expect any bites really.

i honestly don't really have an interest in a gen2

putting my feelers back up with springtime approaching gents.

Looking for actual advice here... i haven't got a single hit here, CL, etc, is my pricing way off? not right? something else doesn't 'sit' right with it?

Price is high in my opinion, should be closer to 4K. You never get your money back out of all the upgrades, and the matte black look is not for everyone, I personally don't like it. That being said, it's just now getting to be spring time, somebody may come along soon.

If you really want to get rid of it, I'd put it close to stock, lower price, take better pics, and sell accessories separately. I think yo'u'd have a much better chance of selling it and probably get more money in the end.

Tornado has it right and that seems to be the co census. Sell all those mods if you have stock pieces to replace them with. You probably got a grand in extras so selling a grand cheaper is still getting your price, sort of.

so my offer at the end of my for sale (under the pics) is about $500 too high is the consensus?

I think it depends on the area. Go to pittsburgh CL and type in vmax. People round here think they are made of gold and try to sell a 15 year old max for 5K.

I think 4500 is fair in good condition with a couple mods.

Seems most people are interested in a fairly stock bike. Smaller signals, and a different tail light update the look out of the 80's.

The better question is, why do you want to sell? Need $ for the family or thinking about a different bike?

Yeah why are you thinking about selling her. I know you don't was a gen2. I keep spending money on mine so I definitely can't and don't want to sell mine. ;)
I think your price is good for our area. I hope you change your mind buddy.

I think it depends on the area. Go to pittsburgh CL and type in vmax. People round here think they are made of gold and try to sell a 15 year old max for 5K.

I think 4500 is fair in good condition with a couple mods.

Seems most people are interested in a fairly stock bike. Smaller signals, and a different tail light update the look out of the 80's.

The better question is, why do you want to sell? Need $ for the family or thinking about a different bike?

i hear ya, i'm removing a lot of the bolt on mods and re-listing it shortly.

Yeah why are you thinking about selling her. I know you don't was a gen2. I keep spending money on mine so I definitely can't and don't want to sell mine. ;)
I think your price is good for our area. I hope you change your mind buddy.

as far as why, it just doesn't get ridden as much as i used to. i used to do 10k miles now i'm like 1500-2000. i prefer to ride the hawk around town and i only really have one big ride a year now and it seems silly to keep it around and pay insurance primarily for that. i can always get another one down the road and not let this one sit for the next few years. i think i'd want something newer too, 1090 s3, superduke, something like that when their prices come down.

Back