fuel injection on ebay

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's Rick Rash's bike. He is doing a lot of work to his 2009 (we just got done red chroming his scoops and meter cover). I think he's wanting to do more to the 2009 and the cost vs benefit of the system here isn't enough justification to keep it.

Not sure what his reserve is but he's not going to give it away either (he doesn't hate the system just wanted to get some more funds for the other toy).

Sean

Wonder if it has the Motor Management System, he didn't mention it so prolly not.

I don't know jack about these systems but have heard the MMS is the easiest way to get them dialed in. :confused2:

It does not have the extra self adjusting feature. I'm not sure the TB size either so you may need to look if using it on a smaller bore engine. It's on his 1500 tourmaster engine right now.

Sean

That's Rick Rash's bike. He is doing a lot of work to his 2009 (we just got done red chroming his scoops and meter cover). I think he's wanting to do more to the 2009 and the cost vs benefit of the system here isn't enough justification to keep it.

Not sure what his reserve is but he's not going to give it away either (he doesn't hate the system just wanted to get some more funds for the other toy).

Sean

I thought that rang a bell, just couldn't remember where I saw the pic! Now I got it...FB...Man, the rd chrome sets that '09 off beautifully! Great job, Sean. :thumbs up:

Attachments

• 26916_353821383678_282702488678_3548217_4211742_n.jpg
    26916_353821383678_282702488678_3548217_4211742_n.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 54
Can't remember the pipe he has on it. I know the tips were custom for him. The red chrome is even better in person. We now offer many different colors. It's reg chrome plus tinted clear powdercoat to give it the color.

The black is different since it's a nickle finish. More pics on the Morley's Muscle facebook page and soon on the website.

Sean

throttle bodies on Ricks efi would be to big for a bike less then 1500 cc,Would I do it again?no. have the same system on my 1260 PCW motored max.Although Im sure bill would sell anyone interested the smaller throttle bodies!

throttle bodies on Ricks efi would be to big for a bike less then 1500 cc,Would I do it again?no. have the same system on my 1260 PCW motored max.Although Im sure bill would sell anyone interested the smaller throttle bodies!

Buster had the throttle bodies I have on my 1428cc, which are the same as Rick's, on his stock engine and it did pull some good numbers. The problem is the loss of intake velocity at low-mid rpm range, where we spend most of our time. I have not found this problem with my engine at all, but again I have more displacement hence more intake velocity. Have been giving some thought to making my own variable intake system for this EFI. Need to make an airbox, set of velocity stacks, servo setup, and use the spare channel on the EFI unit to control it. Know that I can do it, just need to make the time. Would allow a longer intake tract during low/mid range operation to maximize torque and raise the stacks to shorten it at high rpm for max, yep pun intended, hp. Am trying to design it up now, just need to find someone who has removed the system from a Gen 2:eusa_dance:

If I had known that a new Vmax was coming out and I would like it, I would not have done EFI on my 2000 Vmax. I would not have done the all chromed R1 USD. I would not have done the PCW 1500 Tourmaster. If that makes these upgrades and mods "Bad" well, you got me. The biggest problem with the Widbros EFI is the Learning Curve for tuning it. The best investment I made for tuning was the notebook computer to set on the air filters and tune while you ride. I may offer up for sale my R1 USD and PCW 1500 motor soon, be happy with a more stock custom 2000 and have a much more fun 2009. If my EFI doesnt sell, thats okay, I can take longer to redo my 2009. I been doing redos on my 2000 for 10 years. LOL

rick rash

rick, if u think u might be selling the 1500 i may know someone who is interested.

Back