Fuel Pump Relay and Reserve Warning Light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
All right for all you guys out there who's bike will only run when the fuel switch is in the reserve position.....

Check Your Light Bulb!!!! :bang head::bang head:
When you first start the bike the light should come on.
Mine didnt. :bang head::bang head:
I never really paid attention to it either
That was my problem, yes both...the bulb and not paying attention :bang head::bang head:
Everything that the manual said to do I did and it pointed to the relay except my relay was working I just didnt know it. :bang head::bang head:

At first my fuel pump would only run with it in Res.
Changed the light bulb, now it works in either position.

One other way to check is to put your Volt meter to check DC amps and check the green wire coming into the relay to ground. You should have some current flowing through there at all times. Not sure of the value but mine was .2 amps.

Hope this helps someone out there.
Cheers :punk:

OK, got a bike I need to check this fix on. I gave up a long time ago on it.

Sean

Yeah I gave up on mine a long time ago as well then got a bug up my ass today at work and thought I would trouble shoot it.

Thanks to Mark, Maleko89, for all his help.:punk::clapping::punk::clapping:

Sean give me a call if you need any help :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Cheers

THATS SOME GREAT INFO ! .. THATS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT WILL DRIVE YOU CRAZY ! BUT IF YOUR LIKE ME , NOT FIXING IT & STEWING IN IT WILL DRIVE YOU EVEN CRAZIER ! ... THANK GOD YOU FIGURED IT OUT ! ... :punk:

Back