fuel reserve?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
is there to nozzels one for the reserveor how does it switch over with just the one hose coming frim the tank? and how many miles or how much fuel should there be in reserve???

There is a sensor in the tank, when the fuel light comes on it stops the fuel pump from running. When you switch over to RES the low fuel circuit turns the fuel pump back on.

Fuel reserve = .8 Gallons.
I wouldn't try and go more than about 20 Miles on Reserve.

I'm not positive exactly how much it holds total but what I do know is that when mine and most my friends bikes low fuel kicks on if topped off immediately it takes 3.2 gallons to top it off.

Do this a few times, calculate your mileage, and figure out from someone who knows exactly how much an empty tank holds and you should be able to answer your question.

I went 160 miles once with running out but I was riding about 50 and very very modestly, and had a spare 1 gallon can with me at the time to cover my ass.

My low fuel light used to come on at 110-120 miles, with the new engine I don't know where it's at but probably gonna be about 80 miles if I'm lucky.

Like Dmann said too I wouldn't ever shoot for more than 20 miles on reserve.

Calculating the mileage you get should. Tell you your safety margin

Fuel reserve = .8 Gallons.
I wouldn't try and go more than about 20 Miles on Reserve.

Same here. I always try to fill back up by 20 miles and have never had a problem. Once I was forced to go longer searching like crazy for a gas station and know I was on fumes.......don't like that feeling......20's a nice even number...

Back