fuel system AGAIN

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightfox85

Reaction score
so i am becoming tired of this gremlen but im am all out of ideas, cleaned tank, cleaned lines cleaned carb, dudble checked nipple in fuel pump, new fuel filter, but still every once in a while it decides to die it is becomming annoying especially since spring is comming i did notice the other day that when i was checking the pump nipple and checked the pump for pressuse it seemed weak. i put my finger over the feeder tube and when it clicked i could barely notice any suction like t the point where it was less noticable than the pulse from my finger does this mean that this whole time the fuel pump was on its last leg and the gunk in the take was the straw that broke the camels back or is this amount of extreamly lite pressure the norm??? feed back is allways appretiated. thank you much

I would open the pump and check the condition of the diaphram. There is the possibility that the diaphram is not properly seated and could be passing. If you have had issues in the tank with rust etc. you might just as well rebuild the pump as there could also be holes or tears in the diaphram.

When mine does that, there is usually a spark jumping issue. Look closely at your wires, plug caps etc. and pay close attention to where the wires go into the coils. Check after dark for errant spark leaking over onto your valve covers from the wires etc.

:ummm:

ok. i already checked the diophram as i had said i was checking the suction after varifing the diophram was seated correctly. and with the spark jump are you refering to the spark plug assembly or the wiring harness for the fuel pump because the fuel pump stages with out the engine even being on.

thinks he talking about spark jumping from ignition so spark plug wires coils etc.

In your original post, I thought you said the problem was your bike dying all of a sudden once in a while.

i discovered recentlythat there was a very very small seal leak in the fuel filter that i have since changed and is working fine again, however this system has been giving me problems for months randomly. does anyone have any knowlage of the cost to get this particular fuel set up overhouled?

i also just noticed something, i read that these bikes utilize a vaccum/ map sensor, i recently "cleaned" my k&n air filter is there a possivillity that i comprimised that sensor and the symtoms its presenting are just similar to fuel system issues such as fuel starvation, i notice the bike starts to act up sevearly after rapid acceleration or hi revs at any speed.

i also just noticed something, i read that these bikes utilize a vaccum/ map sensor, i recently "cleaned" my k&n air filter is there a possivillity that i comprimised that sensor and the symtoms its presenting are just similar to fuel system issues such as fuel starvation, i notice the bike starts to act up sevearly after rapid acceleration or hi revs at any speed.

if so i bet morley would lend you one to try out! they're not cheap to buy!

hi guys i have the same problom with the useless amount of suction from my pump.

Back