Gasket materials

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
As I have to split my cases to fix my 2nd gear on the '00 Max, I've been wondering about the possibility of making my own gaskets rather than dropping $$$ on all the required ones.

Does anyone know where to get the sheets of gasket material in order to do so, and what the cost of these is?

Trying to weigh whether it's worth the effort or not.. :ummm:

Way to much of a pain! You only need 5 gaskets for the most part (of any size), Clutch, Waterpump body, Stator, Mid Gear, and Oil Pan.

Yours will not be pretty like the stockers! I just can't live w/ragged edges & off-center holes punched in the material. Use those skills for a "flying-fix," as the sailors say.

Keep in mind that the stator cover sets the depth of the starter gear reduction gears. Probably be ok spacing a little wider but not sure how much change the stack can take. The clutch cover also has a preload prevision for the shifter shaft. Again, not sure how much thicker or thinner can be tolerated by it. Even the oil pan sets preload on the oil pressure galley.

Back