gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at 2016 gen 2 do i need to upgrade the rear rim?

Why would you have to?

If you like the look of a fatter tire there is a 240 wheel available from Yamaha. It's only for aesthetics though. It does nothing to improve performance , in fact it takes away a little.

If you don't care about how well your bike turns in the twisties, then get the fat tire. I once rode a Victory Hammer on a test ride with the 240 and I didn't like the way it "klunked" in the turns. A buddy of mine has a Gen 2 and he dropped down to a 180 rear tire, claiming better performance off the line in drag racing situations.

If you aren't planning on keeping up with a professional in the corners at a race track, then decide whether or not the stock look, or the fatty look is right for you. Otherwise, it's all in what you get used to riding IMO.

Vmax license plate shots 001.jpg

Ps, if you get the 240, expect rear tire changes to cost an extra $100 in labor at any shop.

If you aren't planning on keeping up with a professional in the corners at a race track, then decide whether or not the stock look, or the fatty look is right for you. Otherwise, it's all in what you get used to riding IMO.

View attachment 52472

I'm not looking for a big ass fat rear tire like on those two bikes but it looks great. what I am interested in is a kit to shorten up my rear fender keeping the directional and stop light. Any suggestions.

This post has gone dead over the last 2 months. What I was trying to find out is can I remove stock parts and end up with the look on these two Vmax's rear tire, where the plate is up high and removed the long rear end part. I'd like to have my 2015 have the look that these 2 Vmax's have,

fat.jpg

I don't remember if it was answered and I just forgot or maybe it was like this thread, never answered.

Does anyone have any suggestions, can I just remove parts and end up with this look or do I have to add a kit of some sort to get this look. No concerned with the wider tire just the shortened rear end.

You can buy a new bracket that eliminates the OEM mess.
Google "vmax tail tidy" or "vmax fender eliminator "
Multiple options.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The Corbin Kit is a nicer look but also about $100 more than the others...

Spare no expense, I don't think you have so far, why start now?

Gotta go, it's raining on my bike right now, dang, no longer showroom condish., gonna have to order some new parts.

Spare no expense, I don't think you have so far, why start now?

Gotta go, it's raining on my bike right now, dang, no longer showroom condish., gonna have to order some new parts.

Just ordered the Corbin license plate kit $193 Ouch but it looks good. and I agree with what was posted in my quoted section

Back