generic main jets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheelie250

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting ready to order a set of main jets on Jetsrus.com and they have the genuine Mikuni main jets for around $6 a piece, then they have the OEM equivalent Mikuni main jets for around half the price. Are these as good? Are they they made to the same tolerance? Prolly being a cheap ass, but if they are just as good I would prefer to save a couple bucks. Thanks in advance, just wondering if anyone has any expirence with these.

I've used jet r us and no issues but when compared to original there is a slight size difference. for 10bucks id give Sean a call instead

Jets R Us sells genuine mikunis & mikuni copies both of which use the same mikuni sizing format.
I bought a bunch of the copies and had no issues with them. Can't speak to whether the sizing on the copies was accurate, just took it on faith and never looked back.

Seams price for the genuine mikunis is better than the price of the copies from Jets R Us

Sean has the best deal at 4 for $10. I bought 3 sets of different sizes for myself and a friend. Don't have to worry about getting the wrong jets. It's a no-brainer as far as I am concerned.

I've used the copies with no issues but it always makes me a bit antsy....having seen some real shoddy QC on other off brand carb parts. I agree with Don, Sean is the best bet.

as mentioned no issues with copys just observed not theb exact same size. for my taste ning I worked with it and no issues.

For those of you that observed the generic mikunis being different sizes than the genuine mikunis;

How did you observe this?
Just curios.....

the differences in size were very minute.....splitting hairs if you want.....but observation was a difference....guess im picky thats all.

Back