Getting attached to bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering am I only one out there that does not really feel personally attached to any of my bikes ? While I do love my bikes & keep good maintenance on them I would sell any of them in a heartbeat or part them out if that is where the money is.

I guess I have parted out so many & bought & sold so many that there just another vehicle to me . I keep good insurance on them ( agreed value) in case something does happen to them . I guess maybe it might come down to me knowing how to build another if I want to & knowing there are always deals out there. :confused2:

I have to say I do get attached to most bikes and some vehicles, I sold my DT250 to buy a car in high school and still regret it to this day.:confused2:

I definately do, lol. Cant imagine life without either of my demanding mistresses. My car ive had since 1998, shes my first and only car ive ever owned. Got her when i was 16. Gonna be a sad day when i get rid of her (someday) for an 83-85 cutlass or a challenger. My max, id wanted one for years and when i finally got one i knew there was no way id give her up. Not to say that i wouldnt wheel n deal other bikes n cars though.

Kyle i'm the same way i think your right some people know another one can be customized the way they want it and cant wait to start.

I ve owned so many things, most means nothing. I do have one of my very first bikes a 1973 Honda that really doesn't mean much to me sentimental wise, but I always said I wouldnt get rid of it. I haven't ridden the bike in almost 20 years, we got it on the road last year, my son road it for a couple days and I threw a leg over it. It was so uninspiring that I parked it again LOL.

All my Vmax's were nothing special. Though they were nice and I customized almost everyone of them. My other bikes, same thing, never really meant much. My muscle cars , same, meant nothing.

I think it is the idea that owning so many, they become items. Its kinda sad. But I ve owned well over 150 bikes, and there are ones I would like to get, but realize I only want one because I haven't had one yet.

Cars, I always wanted a AC Cobra. I really would like to have one someday. But I don't lust after it. If it happens it happens.

On a side note, its been like that with women too. I always wanted a girl, I would get the girl and then get bored with her and move on to the next one. I don't think I ever had a girl in my life that I can look back and say I miss her. Each one had a role in my life whether good or bad, but none of them ever seemed to be the "one".

I am attached to my 85' I sold my first 85' to help fund my plumbing company and regretted selling so I am attached to this one until I can't physically ride no more . Now my 09' right price yep sold but it would have to be more then the going rate .

I feel like I'm really attached to my max, but that's probably because I've spent so much time fixing it up. I think if I'd bought it running and done some of the mods, but never had problems major work, it would be different. I really liked my monster, and will get another duc someday, but I think the max will probably stay. I hope end up with.

Triumph Bonneville - wife
Hypermotard-me
Wing-us
Max-for the mod monkey

I tend to keep my 'current' bike for a good few years before changing it.
But same as Kyle....its just a bike.....its insured and I can build another if its stolen/crashed etc.

I still have my very first bike AND my very first car. Won't be getting rid of them anytime soon though neither of which I have done much with in a number of years. I am parting out my current Vmax and will be putting some effort into getting my old bike going again (1983 Seca Turbo).

I think it depends how you hold onto your life experiences. Some people will get a tatto, pictures, maybe just move on. If your bike never really had a special "meaning" or memory, It's just a thing. If you connect a part of your life with it, it has a whole lot more meaning. I personally have a lot of great life experiences on my Vmax, So I'm attached. There's another max I know of, that I would love to buy. It's better in every way, but I would have to sell mine to afford it. I can't bring myself to do it.

Latest posts

Back