Got me some Delkevic mufflers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, guys. Have been busy with work. Saturday was the only day I've had off in a while and chose to visit the Hill Country instead of wrenching. Had a blast up there! I'm going to get some vids posted up ASAP

From Tulsa wouldn't it be down there? :rofl_200:

would you recomend tgem over the super trapps? they are about the sam price. i like the carbon fiber as well, imrunning the carbon fiber tank and fenders. sis you have to rejet any? or were they put on and go. get to keep center stand?

I haven't had super traps but I was trying to get away from that look. I think they sound good with the baffles in, kind of a deeper sound. I think I might be a bit lean, I'm figuring it out now. You do keep your center stand and there is even the stop built in the connector pipe for it. I would recommend them......:rofl_200:

Guys, I just bought some Delkevic 9 inch carbon cans with the full slip on stainless collectors. I took me an hour to fit them. Central Stand retained and baffles in (for now).

Love them, loud enough without vibrating your lid off. But I will have to take the baffles out just to see how many car alarms I can set off.

Good quality, nice build, everything included - I cannot rave about them enough !

awesome! congrats on the new muffler. but i dont believe you. dont you know we have to have pics as proof. Come on man!

C:\temp\1.jpg
c:\temp\2.jpg
c:\temp\3.jpg

Okay - Sorry for the poor quality, it's about to rain down here in Sydney.
So the pic's are in poor light in the garage.

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 2b.jpg
    2b.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 156
Nice! The one I got have a turn down outlet they sound good. Yours might be a bit louder.

Good quality.

Attachments

• 20130501_165924.jpg
    20130501_165924.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 20130501_165952.jpg
    20130501_165952.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 159
I need to hear these and supertrapps next to each other. I'd totally sell my trapps to go carbon if these are really any louder.

Finally got time to mount up the shorty ovals this evening. Sounds so effin' sweet. Definitely up there with the loudest of them on the Db scale. And gives a bark that makes my sticker peck out. Going to try and shoot some vids tomorrow. I didn't put the baffles in yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that will affect the "Barky" sound. Hopefully it will tone it down a bit without making it too quiet.

Finally got time to mount up the shorty ovals this evening. Sounds so effin' sweet. Definitely up there with the loudest of them on the Db scale. And gives a bark that makes my sticker peck out. Going to try and shoot some vids tomorrow. I didn't put the baffles in yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that will affect the "Barky" sound. Hopefully it will tone it down a bit without making it too quiet.

Love to hear em'. Looks are one thing, sound.. Ahhh.. That sweet sweet sound is something entirely differant ;-)

Guys keep comparing them to SuperTrapps. Is this because their SliP-ons?
To be used with stock headers? I see that you have UFO headers but why the comparison to ST? If your using non stock headers than this is mOre of a muffler that can be compadred to marks,UFO etc..no??

Mine sound great and have that bark at higher rpm. (A Damn Scarey Bark)
I will try and get a sound byte over the weekend.
(With & Without Baffles)

We want a sound video with and without baffle.

Are there any vids of these so called good mufflers?

I think their website has some vids of the Max with the mufflers. One on the road and one on a Dyno. If not there, search YouTube.

Back