Got me some Delkevic mufflers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely be interested, especially if they were hooked up to a aftermarket exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk w/ vboost!

Okay Gents,
Not being a computer expert. I have 4 MOV files ranging from 80 to 105 Mb.
What is the best way and how do I get them up to this site?

(New 9" Carbon Can sound Videos)

I opened a YouTube account, than cut and paste the address right onto the post here at the VMF. That's how I get the full thumbnail pic/link (to the YouTube video).

-KarmaKatt-
VMOA 5652

I thought it would be louder with baffle out. I would un-baffle it lee.

I was going to put the quieter baffles in my ufo muffler but i think i will wait :biglaugh:

No worries. It was the first time I have ever posted some videos.
I probably should have covered my number plates.

The sound without the baffles is a very little bit deeper or throatier at low rpm.
But at high rpm, it barks a lot, lot more.
I will have to take it out for a lap to really get a better understanding.

But for now, I might leave them out and see how it runs.

I'm still very happy with them. Especially for the price.

regards,

Bruce.

Finally had a good weekend of weather and went out all day with the baffles out.
Love it.
Love it.
Love it.
But it was the first time I went out with my new 17" rear divvy wheel.
A totally different bike.
So much easier to ride and I can keep up and hunt down most through the bends with ease.
Baffles out, sports bike rear end. The only way to travel.
Next step, tighten up the front end and put the R1 pots on.

I have an older UFO system on the '94 and the cans have definitely seen better days. The aluminum has some pretty good gouges and some minor pitting all over. The rivet holes were starting to get wallowed out to the point that they were about to come apart. I planned to replace the older cans with some UFO slash cuts or something but I just really didn't care for the bland style of most of the pipes UFO offered. I saw the Delkevic mufflers discussed here a while back in another thread and 44boyd was nice enough to measure the inlet on the cans before install of his set. Luckily, they are compatible. Now, having the UFO system on the bike meant that I would not need the collector/adapter part or associated clamps. I contacted Delkevic via Ebay messages to find out if they offered the cans, clamp and hanger only. Sure enough, they do, and at a VERY reasonable price. $239 shipped. :eusa_dance:

Fast forward to today. I just got the mufflers in and opened the box ready to install and hear a new rumble. Disappointment. This part number does not come with the hanger. Although it is the same muffler, the hardware that comes with it (or didn't come with it) was intended for a different bike. So, I called up Delkevic and ordered the proper hanger for the mufflers for $10.

As soon as the hangers come in, I will get them installed and post up a video with and without baffles on my UFO system. Looking forward to some new sounds!

No follow up photos or video?!?!?!?!!?!

I'd like to see how you made out mating these to your UFO exhaust. I'm thinking I would like to quiet mine down a bit.

I've been looking at these,i bought Del's for my 1200 Bandit last year and was impressed.They sound way better on the Max tho.I like with baffles in,in my opinion they have a better tone.

Back