Got the shortened side stand! Awesome!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
I received the shortened side stand from Sean...it rocks! Perfect for my lowered front-end Max! Thanks, Sean.

Elimax

If I put the 12 inch rear shocks on and lower the front an inch to inch and a half, will I need the shorter side stand?

What about the center stand?

Thanks, Steeler

shorter side stand - would def help. it may be necessary

center stand - no tsur eif anyone makes shorter center stands. mines dropped 1" front and 2 inches rear and i can get it up on the CS

shorter side stand - would def help. it may be necessary

center stand - no tsur eif anyone makes shorter center stands. mines dropped 1" front and 2 inches rear and i can get it up on the CS

Did you extend your swingarm or something? I sold you 11.5's so that makes your rear 1.5" lower.

You really should NEVER lower the rear more than the front. It'll make it a handful in the corners.

As for a side stand. I would DEFINITELY cut it down. It's SUPER easy to cut it and then just get someone to weld it up for you. I did it all myself and it came out great IMO. A little black paint and BAM! You're good to go.

Chris

Did you extend your swingarm or something? I sold you 11.5's so that makes your rear 1.5" lower.

You really should NEVER lower the rear more than the front. It'll make it a handful in the corners.

As for a side stand. I would DEFINITELY cut it down. It's SUPER easy to cut it and then just get someone to weld it up for you. I did it all myself and it came out great IMO. A little black paint and BAM! You're good to go.

Chris

haha no - i'm a moron and can't do math when i wrote that and really? hmm i haven't noticed any problems yet but if i do i'll just drop it in the triples a 1/2" more.

I need to know how much to cut off the side stand???
my front is down 1.5 inches and rear 1 inch.
Thanx

Back