Graphics or Not? Help with decision?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_max

Reaction score
Don't ask me how it happened, but I ended up with an "extra" set of tin for my '94. Still yellow (although not factory and still nice).

But the kicker? A fairly nice, airbrushed Tasmanian Devil. I almost like the little guy, but suspect he could get old. I thought I'd run with him for Bike Week and then consider selling (cheaply) one set or the other.

Any opinions and/or advice would be appreciated - even flames. I'm not much for cartoon characters, but if there ever was one that fit the Vmax, this is it . . .

Attachments

• DSCF1875.jpg
    DSCF1875.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCF1876.jpg
    DSCF1876.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I own a 94 and prefer to keep the paintjob clean and simple..if you want to be somewhat "different", consider using Fatmax accessories like a belly pan, fairing, etc... I have mine posted in my profile... Terry

ugh. no offense to you or ryan, but thats no good. i'd put one set all black. i love the black look.

I hemmed and hawed with the graphics idea, came down to 1. I was pressed for time and didn't want my bike tied up any long, 2. couldn't' totally decide what i wanted, 3,. my air brush skills suck and i need a ton of practice. SO I ended up painting Candy Burple and am pretty happy, BUT, I do have a air brush stencil of a demon coming through a rip i may use in the future.

That's gonna get old real quick......I am thinking of doing a character on my rear fender.......nice and small......to help folks decipher my plate.......but that one of yours......too much for me......no offence:confused2:

I think if it's done well and you like it it's fine - make the bike different.

I had a bike with a badly drawn naked girl in a pool of water, now that just HAD to go!!!

I agreee with the rear fender deal,you dont have to look at it all the time but it helps people get the idea.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 43
I am not up on the Looney Tunes paired with the max. It just doesn't seem......right.

If it were something that fit with the attitude of the max them maybe, but never Looney Tunes

Airbrush_Green-Skulls-5.jpg

Ya... Bin the lid... It looks childish IMO.

I too am a less is more kind of a guy. Some would say boring I'm sure but I like clean solid meaningful lines. I also don't like making something look like it's on fire. Never got that...

Chris

I appreciate everyone's input. This is pretty much what I was thinking to begin with. I'm no youngster and cartoons never much appealed to me. But, I got a deal I couldn't pass up from an older gentleman (even to me) whose max became a Concours.

If anybody's in need of a set of body work for a Vmax, let me know. It'll be a screaming deal.

Oh, and it'll need paint (unless you're one of the quiet minority who actually like the little devil . . . :ummm::confused2:

I appreciate everyone's input. This is pretty much what I was thinking to begin with. I'm no youngster and cartoons never much appealed to me. But, I got a deal I couldn't pass up from an older gentleman (even to me) whose max became a Concours.

If anybody's in need of a set of body work for a Vmax, let me know. It'll be a screaming deal.

Oh, and it'll need paint (unless you're one of the quiet minority who actually like the little devil . . . :ummm::confused2:

Bet Sean would buy them from you if they're straight and clean. He does repainting for people all the time.

Chris

That's actually the "baby Taz" from some crappy 90's spin-off show about "baby" Looney Tunes. There were only like 5 original Tazmanian Devil cartoons, all made in the late 50's. But I agree, the style of the paint is pretty "childish". It's definitely not the worse bike paint I've seen, but I wouldn't want it on my bike. I find the original 50's cartoons genuinely funny and Taz is my favorite character. The Road Runner would be good for the Vmax too, but Plymouth kinda already claimed that.

I have a Taz patch on the back of my jacket. I have to disagree about him not matching the Vmax's personality. He's fast, always hungry, and turns into a whirlwind frenzy when provoked, eating everything in his path. Search "Devil May Hare" on youtube to see one of the originals.

Flames(and skulls) are too cliche'd for me, and too expensive. I don't subscribe to the "F everything" biker culture. The vmax is the sleeper of the bike world. It looks unique, but unless they know about bikes, doesn't scream "rocket performance", at least to me. I'd prefer to let them think it's some generic Japanese cruiser, until their Harley gets dropped like a bad habit. I think the Taz patch is just a subtle hint.

Yup. I may appreciate the art - but I don't think the "cartoon" look adds anything to the Max.

BUT to each there own...

There may be someone on the board who would LOVE to have one and you could trade them.

There may be someone on the board who would LOVE to have one and you could trade them.

I would happily entertain a trade, but don't want this thread to "devolve" into a want ad. I asked for opinions and the consensus pretty much mirrors my own feelings. Again, I couldn't pass them up.

Maybe I could convert them into a "black suede" for those Rat Ride sort of periods...

I am not up on the Looney Tunes paired with the max. It just doesn't seem......right.

If it were something that fit with the attitude of the max them maybe, but never Looney Tunes

Airbrush_Green-Skulls-5.jpg

lol - Everyone told me I was Looney Tunes when I said I was gonna buy the Max . . .

Latest posts

Back