H.A.C. Sissy Bar and the Stock Reflector

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That should work. It's not like you have to really torque the nut to hold the plate on.

I used a nut on the back side to hold it from spinning but I also put 3M double back tape on the head and then crammed the reflector on and bolted it on. I'm pretty confident that it won't spin. If this doesn't work I will try your idea.

I made a reflector cover to go on the back of my sissybar and have painted it the silvery/grey but not sure if its dark enough . I used a nut to stop the spinning and it works well .

Attachments

• vmax june09 016.jpg
    vmax june09 016.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 74
That looks good too! Plus yours works when the bar is on the bike. Mine looks like poo with it on... No biggie I guess...

Re: H.A.C. Sissy Bar

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these? Fit, Finish, and Ease of install and removal, etc. I prefer no backrest all but need it once and awhile for the wife.
Thanks in advance...

http://www.hac-products.nl/product/54/56/sissy-bar

I have one - overall quality is good - but outside areas of bar is polished, inside sections are not, rough casting - not a problem for as I had it powdercoated black.

Installation is painless for the initial install and for on/off of the backrest during use. Once main bracket is installed, putting on or taking off backrest takes less than five minutes.

Mike

You can also find a thread on here for a very easy modification to the factory reflector so that it will go back on with the HAC bracket when the backrest is not installed. I have mine rigged up that way.

few guys have them, only complaint is like these guys said the reflector issue.

few guys have them, only complaint is like these guys said the reflector issue.

Agreed , it was obviously made without thinking about what it would look like on the bike . I had mine on for awhile and made a reflector using the stock one and i also used the mod so its an easy on off now for when i want it .

for removable for what i know its the way to go unless u can get a virago grab bar or whichever model fits back there.

however as far as lines of the bike go etc. and functionality for price. renntec is the way to go.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these? Fit, Finish, and Ease of install and removal, etc. I prefer no backrest all but need it once and awhile for the wife.
Thanks in advance...

http://www.hac-products.nl/product/54/56/sissy-bar

Mine with it mounted after having it powder coated flat black...

I HATE sissy bars...:damn angry:

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0199.jpg
    IMG_0199.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 59

Mine with it mounted after having it powder coated flat black...

I HATE sissy bars...:damn angry:

Chris

I like how yours came out. I just powdercoated mine in silver metallic & have a stock luggage rack, brackets in the same color, rack is stock natural aluminum.

Back