harlan shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alan97max

Reaction score
Just wanted to pass on praise to harlan...
I bought his shift light back in dec 2010 and just got it installed and had
questions on how it worked.. sent him an e-mail last night he replied within 1 hour and walked me through what I did wrong.. e-mailed back and forth
untill I got it right..works great and backed up by great cust-service..
If you need a shift light try his... its by far the best priced and works great..
If I would have just read more on the instructions I would not have needed him. yet he was willing to help, happily..
Thanks Harlan...:punk::clapping::eusa_dance:

i just replaced mine as water got in the original. what was the issue w/urs?

Just wanted to pass on praise to harlan...
I bought his shift light back in dec 2010 and just got it installed and had
questions on how it worked.. sent him an e-mail last night he replied within 1 hour and walked me through what I did wrong.. e-mailed back and forth
untill I got it right..works great and backed up by great cust-service..
If you need a shift light try his... its by far the best priced and works great..
If I would have just read more on the instructions I would not have needed him. yet he was willing to help, happily..
Thanks Harlan...:punk::clapping::eusa_dance:
He did the same thing for me when I bought mine.

I thought I had it all set up right went through the set up a few times got light confirmation, but no light at set rpm.. I emailed harlan he and he responded with simple steps to check what I did. had me set rpm on light at 1k and determined that I needed to set the #of cylinders to 2 instead of 4. rest my light to 2 cyl, and it works great..
It was not just that helped me, but that i purchased the light back in Dec and just now got around to installing it and emailed him at 11pm wed night. by 8:30 AM Thrs he had it working. I guess im just used to slow to no service. this was nice.

ah gotcha yea thats a huge gotcha with any shift light and our vmax's..

I did the same thing on my install, had it set on 4 cycl and it wouldn't work. So I emailed him, with in 10 minutes I had a reply that said make sure you have it set on 2 cycl and not on 4 cycl. You would think by now he would put that in the directions, hell maybe it does say that somewhere but when it comes to electrical stuff I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.:rofl_200:

great lights,bought two but i do have issues with one. i sent it back to him to look at, and well no answer yet as to if he fixed it or not. wish he got back to me in 1 hour, been a few months and riding season is around the corner and want my bike back together.

were you getting water in it garrett from washing it or road spray while riding?

Ya wasn't paying attention...........
Yeah I did the same thing, sprayed the damn water hose directly in it.:rofl_200:Then it rusted and corroded so I had to send it back and he rebuilt it for me at no cost, It took a couple weeks to get it back and he sent me a black plastic cap back with it for when I wash it or get caught in the rain. I'm trying to find a clear see through cap for it so I can leave it on.

I got a black cap, drilled a 3/4" hole in the middle of it and then siliconed some clear plastic on it. seems to work well.

This is the one I have on my Harlan.
aefdc516-dcd7-bbe1.jpg

Latest posts

Back