harlan shift light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the speedhut light as well. Easy to install, lifetime warranty. Just put it in so I haven't had time to road test it. Snow again this morning!!!:damn angry:

Dale #2592

makes sense to me man. did it work well so far?

ro -> if we get one more (ideally 2) i'll place the order soon. want to get her buttoned up for riding season! no more soldering!

It works great and it looks right at home on the bike, I'll have to load up some pics but I'll warn you I haven't had time to clean her up real well yet! LOL

I've got the speedhut light as well. Easy to install, lifetime warranty. Just put it in so I haven't had time to road test it. Snow again this morning!!!:damn angry:

Dale #2592

did u get the cheaper or more expensive one?

It works great and it looks right at home on the bike, I'll have to load up some pics but I'll warn you I haven't had time to clean her up real well yet! LOL

sweeeeeeet.

makes sense to me man. did it work well so far?

ro -> if we get one more (ideally 2) i'll place the order soon. want to get her buttoned up for riding season! no more soldering!

ya for sure, i just closed mine up so i can get ready to ride. black ofcourse and red led for me man.

Pics of the Speedhut SST shift light, I actually drilled holes and mounted mine to my speedo cover cause I don't have a windshield like alot of you (didn't trust double sided tape) but I cut a small piece of old inner tube I had laying around to act as a gasket between the cover and the shift light bracket. Then I used nylock nuts to button it all up, I'm real happy with the way it came out! :biglaugh:

Attachments

• IMAG0011.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 38
i'll just be re-using my harlan clamp and putting rubber around it or something if its too small.

ro, doesn't look like anyone else is in, want me to order 'em? or do you want to do separate orders?

i just checked, $18 to ship to canda! hahahaha. i'l grab one for ya and charge you the $2 or so to ship it, jeeze.

i'll order one in the next hr here so anyone speak up if you're interested.

Got the Harlan yesterday. Looks really nice, and I will post some pics when I get around to installing it.

i just checked, $18 to ship to canda! hahahaha. i'l grab one for ya and charge you the $2 or so to ship it, jeeze.

i'll order one in the next hr here so anyone speak up if you're interested.

thanks garrett, ya 18 bucks on a 27 buck light, might as well order broken harlan lights hahaha.

thanks man cant wait.
i sure need it, just worked on my buddies R6 last night, got a jet kit in it, sync it up runs light a champ and we were going at it on the road, took mine out for the first time. and thinking i was on my other bike forgot i dont have a shift light... well i was in front and going thru the gears thinking where the hell is that red light/shift light......... oh ya i dont have it on this bike..... dam, well wasnt that high but sure need a shift light while exercising the throttle twist :punk:

thanks garrett, ya 18 bucks on a 27 buck light, might as well order broken harlan lights hahaha.

thanks man cant wait.
i sure need it, just worked on my buddies R6 last night, got a jet kit in it, sync it up runs light a champ and we were going at it on the road, took mine out for the first time. and thinking i was on my other bike forgot i dont have a shift light... well i was in front and going thru the gears thinking where the hell is that red light/shift light......... oh ya i dont have it on this bike..... dam, well wasnt that high but sure need a shift light while exercising the throttle twist :punk:

i hear ya man luckily i got the dyna so i'm all good.

Thanks Alan97 & 2Fear for the info.
I too am "getting around" to installing the Harlan light.
I'll plan on the 2 cyl. setting as I would've fallen victim also
since we're all so proud of our "4" cyls.
Question...
Was the 1 foot wire loom long enough to reach tach without modifying?
Thanks

no that was another problem i had with his lights. you gotta splice something in!

Was the 1 foot wire loom long enough to reach tach without modifying?

I found it to be of ample length, I wired mine in to the 3 tach leads in the instument cluster.

user1127pic312212695528.jpg

really? mine woulda broke if i turned the handlebars, maybe the mounting position.

I had to splice mine in as well. If I stretched it it was still going to be short, so I just added some wire, soldered then heat shrink wrapped it up nice and neat.

+1 on the splicing, I just twisted them tight and wrapped in black tape and tucked them under the black plastic neck piece. Longer wires would be a plus for us Vmaxers but I'm sure we are a small percent of his sales, I'm sure for auto usage they are plenty long enough.

small enough percentage that he won't answer emails. getting pissed now.

Latest posts

Back