Harley front end

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
My front end arrived today:eusa_dance: Harley inverted front end.
I'll just have a couple of sleeves to make and a couple of other small bits and I should be ready to bolt it straight on.

Attachments

• IMG_0514 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0514 (Large).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 156
That's a super find... just checked them out. You can get them extended also. Do you happen to know what the weight is with the triple clamp?

That's a super find... just checked them out. You can get them extended also. Do you happen to know what the weight is with the triple clamp?

No idea, sorry, I'm sure it's heavier than stock. There are a bunch of different lengths available like you say, even under stock also. Mine are stock Harley length as I know it's close to Vmax length.
The conventional style are even cheaper, but I wanted the inverted style for the "look".

No idea, sorry, I'm sure it's heavier than stock. There are a bunch of different lengths available like you say, even under stock also. Mine are stock Harley length as I know it's close to Vmax length.
The conventional style are even cheaper, but I wanted the inverted style for the "look".

I was just curious... it does look like it belongs and I like it! Very affordable. That money would only cover the price of having a few stock parts chrome plated.

Yep, we had bought one of the raked setups for the inlaws Harley and when we sold the bike the guy wanted that front end (65mm). When you make that stuff would you consider posting the specs or making an extra set?

I've seen a V-Rod set on a Vmax that looked very nice.

The setup he has is EXTREMELY heavy. The top and bottom triples are solid with no hogging out on the underside.

Sean

Damn Jedi, looks great!

That bike will be a very custom, one off ride - maybe it can be called the HardleyMax!

I would be interested in the pieces needed to make it fit on the max frame.

Would make a nice winter project.

Mike

Last edited:
really nice! integrating harley components onto the bike. is the internal throttle, flushed controls and hidden wires next on your list for the bars? lol would be a real stunner to see a vmax front end this clean

I wonder if the xr1200 front end would be a better for the weight also what all is involved to get one of harleys front ends on a max

Done, I'll do a guide on this tomorrow if anyone's interested with dimensions etc.
I'll design a steering stop setup and laser profile it shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_0525 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0525 (Large).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0527 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0527 (Large).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0531 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0531 (Large).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0534 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0534 (Large).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 101
Awesome. Any specs you feel like giving up please send to me. I'd even take a set of adapters if you would make a spare set,

Sean

Awesome. Any specs you feel like giving up please send to me. I'd even take a set of adapters if you would make a spare set,

Sean
I'll do the write-up tomorrow with the specs, it's piss easy, only one sleeve which can be bought of the shelf if need be and the machining down from 1" to 25 mm on the Harley stem, other than that everything works with the original Max bearings etc . The only slightly tricky piece will be the steering stop, but I'll draw it up and can supply laser cut ones if needed or I can supply a dxf file to anyone who wants it.

Yep, I knew it was a matter of some spacers and as noted I even had the front end but didn't get the chance to mess with it. Thanks for doing the leg work! I am sure many can benefit from your work. The front ends are insanely heavy though so for the guy looking for the best option would probably be a VROD inverted front. not sure on the complete diff but I bet it is close enough.

Sean

I knw one thing,
When a harley rider gets a good look at that ..
He`s going to be awfully confused LOL.
they wot know what to think :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
I can`t wait to see that monster complete.
Great job on a beautiful bike.
Jedi you are a true mechanical master.:eusa_dance:
<<Dave>>

Got around to designing the steering stop. There's plenty of ways of doing it, but this is what I have come up with as it's just a bolt on affair to the tree.
I have it in DXF format if anyone wants it.

Attachments

• stop.jpg
    stop.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 22
  • stopx.jpg
    stopx.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 29
wish you would have worked this out before i spent tons putting the r1 forks on my max lol! i'm on my second set of triples and my third set of forks. currently running the chromed 06 R1 front end with the 03 wheel. great job on all the mods you've done on the bike!

later odieoh24

Back