Hated Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
What bike had you had that you absolutely hated?

I had a 1997 Buell S1 I wanted sooo badly to love but couldn't. I know people have put 1000s of miles on them (even the old tube framed ones) and haven't had any real issues. I had cracked headers, frozen brakes, shit fall off, binding steering head bearings...and a few other issues.

I loved the sound and the look but I was glad to see that bike leave on someone else's trailer.

285125825_bf9c003a03_o.jpg

My Vmax is my second bike.....3rd if a 3 wheeler counts.....:confused2:

I had my 3 wheeler for about 10 years when I was a kid....

I had my Honda CX650C for 10 years.....

I now have my Vmax.....we shall see how long I have it:eusa_dance:

I have not owned any bike I hated BUT I have owned plenty of bikes I miss...

I miss my Ducati 749S the most, followed by my Triumph Rocket 3, followed by my BMW K1200S, followed by a BMW R1100s, followed by a BMW F650.

I loved each and every one of those bikes BUT the Ducati just had it going...the max is a close second because of it's attitude.

BTW the max was slowly becoming my most hated bike...mine ran like shit the first 6 months I owned it but now I love it.

i've only owned a few bikes. probably the gs500 right now, took the carbs apart to clean 'em now the bike wont start...:bang head:

I loved all the bikes I have owned. The max the most! I wish I didn't sell it last year. If I had to point out a bike that I hated the most it would be the cb400 I owned for about 1 month. I just bought it to flip and make a coin.:biglaugh:

I loved all the bikes I have owned. The max the most! I wish I didn't sell it last year. If I had to point out a bike that I hated the most it would be the cb400 I owned for about 1 month. I just bought it to flip and make a coin.:biglaugh:
did you sell it or are you still riding it ?? LOL:rofl_200:
but I can top that, I owned not one but two Honda
750 hondamatics:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:It`s true !!
<<Dave>>

1988 katana 600. Can't say I hated it. But it really isn't good at anything. Fighted with the carbs as well but it neer truly ran right.

83, CB900.

Was my first bike, and the calipers started sticking. Thought it had it fixed until i turned onto a gravel road and ate it. I was picking rocks out of my body so bad i looked like one of those frogs that has thousands of babies pop out of its skin

Another notable mention.

Aside from the fact the company announced it's chapter 11 bankruptsy 2 weeks after my buying it...this bike seemed like it was rought with afterthoughts. The center stand would bend when the bike was raised on on it. The side stand was so short the bike looked like it was falling over (and in the summer it nearly did thanks to the weight on the tiny foot and overbearing top heaviness)
Otherwise, it was a decent bike. Just lots of little things that made me think the designers finished up on a friday before a holiday weekend.
285121400_598391688e_o.jpg

I had a Pegaso 650, and loved it. Great bike, especially in London. Good for 105mph on the highway, superfast from 0-60mph, wheelie trigger happy, and handled like a rail.

Am I in the wrong thread? :rofl_200::biglaugh::eusa_dance::clapping::clapping:

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 20
did you sell it or are you still riding it ?? LOL:rofl_200:
but I can top that, I owned not one but two Honda
750 hondamatics:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:It`s true !!
<<Dave>>

Sold it. I rode the bike up to work one time just to make sure everything worked as it should. Then it went on ebay for a quick $500 profit.:eusa_dance:

I didn't HATE it, but the bike I disliked the most, was a 1981 Honda CM400A Hondamatic. Heavy for its size, and turned worse than a MAX!

My Dad and I got it for $100 back in '92, it had 1300 miles on it. Just needed the carbs cleaned.

Ran great, just a bitch to ride.

Just can't bring myself to hate any of my earlier rides. To me that's like saying " How much did you hate your first piece of ass ?" Yeah, there were issues & other guys always had better ones, but all-in-all, ANY is better than none. My lame ol' CB360T was the cat's-ass back in 1981. The hottest girl in my high school would ride with me, but not on my buddies Yamaha 850 Special - that was waaaaay too powerful & she didn't trust him. So I had the pleasure of driving the local hottie around on my little scoot & the world was a beautiful place. Wonder where she is now ... Uhm, the bike I mean... :biglaugh:

To me that's like saying " How much did you hate your first piece of ass ?" Yeah, there were issues & other guys always had better ones, but all-in-all, ANY is better than none. :biglaugh:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I would have to agree that I never hated any motorcycle that I owned. Each was a love for the time it was around. My roommates BSA 441 Victor, now that bike I hated. Zener diode, Lucas electrics, Bing carb, shotgun exhaust. If you were in front of it, you had to watch the mirrors very closely, he's there one minute, at the side of the road the next. If he was in front of you so you could see when it broke down, you couldn't hear anything else for a couple of hours after you stopped. Very pretty bike but so unreliable. I was so happy when he sold it and bought the Norton 750 Commando.

What bike had you had that you absolutely hated?

I recently had a Honda VT1100 Shadow Sabre, and was blissfully ignorant on how much I was making excuses for it. Poor handling on turns, acceleration, horrid vibration, less than wonderful braking... again I had no idea.

I saw a Honda Magna in a Craig's list ad for a really good starting price as it needed a LOT of work. The more I rode the Magna, the less I rode the VT1100 until I was taking the 1100 out only to keep the battery charged.

Finally the Magna was ridden 99+% of the time and the 1100 sat there like a fatted cow waiting to be butchered. I took the 1100 to a local dealer that sort of "specializes" in cruisers and was there looking at the Max... He said he could sell my 1100 faster than the Max and made me a KILLER trade in deal, one I couldn't refuse.

So, the hated COW is history, and I have the Magna and Max that I ride every other day.

Gary

Hodaka dirt squirt. That bitch had a suspension like a jack hamer . Pounded me silly till the vibration loosened the screw that held the air filter together and sucked it into the motor. Traded it in on a Combat Wombat and had the world by the short hairs!

Freakin' BMW. It was a '02 R1150RT and it turned me off to BMW forever. I don't know what the hell BMW is thinking a motorcycle should do, but pull sideways when you open the throttle (characteristic of opposed twins), cost twice as much as a Japanese tourer that can outperform it, and have 15, count 'em 15, seperate computers with all their sensors to break so you can never work on it at home are not my idea of a streetable machine for the regular rider. It had to have high-octane fuel. Every fastener was specialized and had to be special-ordered from Germany. When I put it up for commission at 30k miles, the shaft drive was already giving up, leaking all over the place.
Screw BMW. Ain't worth half what they cost. If somebody gave me one of the old airheads I'd ride it. Otherwise, I would never let another BMW come through my garage door, car or bike.

Back