having visions of a gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
so it finally warmed up over here in southern indiana, theres been quite a few bikes out this last week or so. plenty of harleys, a few sprot bikes.

ive only seen one gen 1 in real life until i bought mine.

I figured id never see a gen 2...... until yesterday....
i saw not 1, but two 09 vmaxes while doing my commute to work.

then i woke up and realized, im so addicted im dreaming about them. :bang head:

so i went to my favrit bank and flirted with a couple people, and i think my credit is good enough that i can sign a paper and have a gen2 max.

however, ive hardly ridden my gen 1, im gonna try to hold onto it for at least this season and save some more cash. my insurance is in the low 500ish range for full coverage. no accidents no claims, 1 speeding ticket

i live at home and can shake a 200 doll hair monthly payment no problem. but what keeps me up at night is the insurance. if its as much as a busa or zx14 then im gonna have to pass.

if you dont mind me asking, what are some of you guys paying?

Here, lets make things worse. You can pick one up off ebay brand spanking new for under 17k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...bea20QQitemZ200448666144QQptZUSQ5fmotorcycles

This might feed your vision.........

BTW, I love how the color looks on the new 2010 over the 2009 too. I was checking my insurance for you if I did a 2010, but progressive was offline for maintenance. I will holler back later when its back up.

You can go to any of the big Insurance company's web sites. They usually can give you an on line quote.
Tim

If you're paying $500 now then it's probably going to be rude. Of course you're younger so that's one strike against you. I pay about $160 or so for full coverage with minimal deductible.

Sean

I just did a quick quote on progressive's web site. For a 2010 with basic coverage I was quoted $727.00 for a year. Now thats for an older guy (47), with around thirty years experience,clean license and married. It has nowhere to go but up for a young guy. For my 93 I pay a similar amount to Sean. Around $160.00.
Tim

ya so i bet itd be in the 1500 range. in 10 years i wouldve paid for the bike again

I just paid mine on my gen1........$152.00 for full coverage with a $150.00 deductible through Geico......:confused2:

But I am old........and have been riding for a while:eusa_dance:

For my 2005, I pay a mere 100 for full coverage 100/300/100 with allstate. Thats with 250 deductible and im in my 40's too.

Keep in mind....price of insurance drops considerably once the bike is paid off. Another one of those bullshit insurance tactics....guess it is the concept that you would take more care when it is your name on the title and not the bank's...

For my 2005, I pay a mere 100 for full coverage 100/300/100 with allstate. Thats with 250 deductible and im in my 40's too.
So it is safe for me to assume that you do NOT have uninsured motor vehicle coverage on your policies then?
Mine is $367 per 6 months, but $157 is for the uninsured coverage.

i have no doubt that itd be 1200.00 minimum per year for me. the only other thing stopping me now is, i put so many miles on my bikes, itd be clapped out before it was paid off. :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head: id have to sell it by the 3 year mark. itd have 45,000 miles on it. i bet the bike would only be worth 8k or so and id take a huge loss.

bike 14k

tires per year 500
speeding tickets 600
bail 500
insurance 1200
gasoline 1200
maintenance 300

upkeep per year would be 4k!!!

im trying to talk myself out of it here guys...

I also much prefer the black to the red. I can't believe that on a bike at that price, there still is NO choice of colors.. Complete joke, really.

Amazingly, there's isn't a single black '09 on fleaBay right now, just a few '10. I wonder what the insurance would be on it for me, I'm pretty old and long-time rider, and on the '86 I pay so little with Progressive (through USAA).

Geico seems to be the way to go for bikes. Progressive just lost my business to them, Geico was 40% cheaeper. I now pay $350 a year with full coverage including collision and theft. I'm 50 with no tickets.

I also much prefer the black to the red. I can't believe that on a bike at that price, there still is NO choice of colors.. Complete joke, really.

Amazingly, there's isn't a single black '09 on fleaBay right now, just a few '10. I wonder what the insurance would be on it for me, I'm pretty old and long-time rider, and on the '86 I pay so little with Progressive (through USAA).

There has never been a color choice for a V-Max (except 85') I don't expect that will change, nor will the bike for a long time.

Very few bike manufacturers offer multiple colors (and even those that do it is very limited in selection). Mostly this is due to the parts coming painted already and stocking painted parts for the various models would take a lot of storage.

Sean

id hate to have to call them tomorrow and get a quote... if its under 800... which i doubt... ill have to go sign some papers in teh near future heh heh

my deductible is 500... i wouldnt mind doubling that

id hate to have to call them tomorrow and get a quote... if its under 800... which i doubt... ill have to go sign some papers in teh near future heh heh

my deductible is 500... i wouldnt mind doubling that

OK.......Let me try to help.......

The Gen2 is an overweight, underpowered, overpriced piece of junk that has no business being called a Vmax.......

It is ugly, uninspiring,looks like every other bike on the road, only available in black or red, who wants a black or red bike?? and it sounds like a sewing machine......

I saw one as it arrived in the crate and was being removed at the Dealer in Plattsburgh last spring.......:surprise:

I want one so BAD:worthy::worthy:

Did I help talk you out of it??:ummm:

mattness, I can't begin to tell you how much fun the Gen 2 is to ride. And, like the Gen 1, it's a very unique bike to own. You rarely see one on the road.

I love the Gen 1, and ride it as much as I do the Gen 2. But, the Gen 2 is just at another level, even stock. Just four things...the brakes, the transmission, the engine and the tires/suspension (over a stock Gen 1) are amazing upgrades.

F the insurance cost. if you can swing it, get one. :biglaugh: But, I'd keep the Gen 1. You'll miss it.

Back