Headlight bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mabchewy

Reaction score
Are there any brighter than stock bulbs for the stock headlight?

Without a relay kit a brighter bulb will just melt the wiring.

I disagree...

While the 100 watters will melt the wiring a good 50/55 or 55/60 silverstar by Sylvania will brighten things up a bit. It's what I have run with great luck! Def. better than stock all day long!

I know people that try running the super bright ones and yes, they melt stuff...

I still think the Vmax is lacking in the headlight dept though... Of course I am used to dual H3's on my SV which light up the night like 'ol KC lights on a trucks roll bar...:thumbs up:

The Max seems to be great on low beam but switch it to high and all I see is the tops of trees... VERY unfocused IMHO...

Another option is to install the headlight relay from Eastern Beaver that allows the Lo AND Hi beams to shine on "High". Also draws current directly from the battery and has greatly improved the output on my '86 with a 55/60 bulb.

my headlight blub burned out, and my choices to buy bulbs is Napa, Advanced Auto, Walmart, etc. I would like to get a brighter bulb to help light my way. Can anyone point me to the right bulb to get? I read today about the sylvana silverstar h4 55/65, would that work if I could locate one? Thanks in advance.....

my headlight blub burned out, and my choices to buy bulbs is Napa, Advanced Auto, Walmart, etc. I would like to get a brighter bulb to help light my way. Can anyone point me to the right bulb to get? I read today about the sylvana silverstar h4 55/65, would that work if I could locate one? Thanks in advance.....

Yup! That's what I have and it works great! You can tell a big difference in output lumens...:thumbs up:

Even tho' illegal there is a 100/55 watt bulb available that is a direct fit. i had one that worked wonderfully before I went to the cybermax headlight.

Beware of the high wattage bulbs though... They are notorious for eating headlight switches...:whistlin:

Yeah...even burn/warp the headlight shell. I'm running a 90W bulb with the E.B. headlight relay setup. I hear the best setup is stock wattage Silverstar Ultra with the relay kit. Sometime I'll find an old GS1100 and use that big 8 inch headlight.

Mark

Beware of the high wattage bulbs though... They are notorious for eating headlight switches...:whistlin:

Doing the relay mod will be a must if running a 100 watt bulb. The bulb would never make 11watts without it due to excessive voltage drop, also with the relay the switch only carries the relay coil load. I never had any problems with my shell either and it stayed on high 99% of the time.

Rusty

also with the relay the switch only carries the relay coil load. Rusty

Don't quote me out of context.:bang head:....What? do you work for MSNBC?.:rofl_200:........I said with the relay:ummm:..... I know the switch carries all the load on a stock bike just like you do......

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back