Headlight bulb

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't quote me out of context.:bang head:....What? do you work for MSNBC?.:rofl_200:........I said with the relay:ummm:..... I know the switch carries all the load on a stock bike just like you do......

:cheers:

stirrin' the pot huh?:clapping:

Damn NooB's... :rofl_200:

He's just lookin for an infraction award...:whistlin:

Well my headlight did not burn out! :biglaugh: My starter switch was sticking..I was reading one of hte other forums that said to look for that for a possible fix. Thanks for all the input guys.
On the plus side, I got a better bulb out of the deal! Sylvania silverstar h4st

I have my nice bright white h4 headlight now and i love it. But what I have noticed is that while my right turn signal seems to flash normally, my left turn signal seems to flash about 25% faster. I 'm thinking that doing the fix for the relay (solder/ replace) may fix the problem? Or is there some other issue I may be overlooking? I am going to replace my handlebars this winter so I will take apart/ inspect/ clean all the switches/ cables/ connections just to ward off any other developing problems.

I have my nice bright white h4 headlight now and i love it. But what I have noticed is that while my right turn signal seems to flash normally, my left turn signal seems to flash about 25% faster. I 'm thinking that doing the fix for the relay (solder/ replace) may fix the problem? Or is there some other issue I may be overlooking? I am going to replace my handlebars this winter so I will take apart/ inspect/ clean all the switches/ cables/ connections just to ward off any other developing problems.

Are both the front and rear left bulbs flashing. Usually when a bulb blows (due to a decrease in resistance) the blink rate rises.

Yep, that'll work fine. You can get them at Walmart, Napa, etc.

FYI, I picked up my bulb from Advanced Auto.
I was wondering, I know Mark cleaned up his electical wiring and with the relay kit from Eastern Beaver he got much better light output, how much higher wattage bulb can I use if I cleaned up my wiring?
I am planning on using the Vmaxbits HD starter and ground cable and then adding the Eastern Beaver headlight relay kit. Is all this overkill for a non-electrical genius like me or is it a better(read as easier) way to go?

I liked the added output the silverstar gave me but my brothers FZ1 light (running silverstar too) is still far superior to what my headlight puts out. I live in and ride on rural roads so I want to see what I'm going to hit!:biglaugh:

Brian, I ran a 90W bulb w/o any problems. Some go to the auto store and get a heavy duty headlight connector.

The Eastern Beaver Relay is THE BOMB. Night and day difference in output.

Liked it so much, I wired my own version of the relay for my dual horn set up... :biglaugh:

You've probably already got this one figured out, but I had a similar experience after changing my headlight bulb. Turned out one of the connectors in the headlight bucket was loose and grounding out. doublechecked all connections and CAREFULLY replaced the headlight assembly.

No issues since...

The Eastern Beaver Relay is THE BOMB. Night and day difference in output.

Liked it so much, I wired my own version of the relay for my dual horn set up... :biglaugh:
I'll get to replacing my squeaker horn one day soon but since I don't ride around very much traffic it hasn't been a worry thus far. Honking at deer doesn't seem to work!:confused2:
Yeah, it was my own dumbheaded move, once I carefully checked the wiring it started working properly. Pays to take your time, something I should do more often it seems!
Thanks Mark, I see what I can find around here to try. :thumbs up:

I went looking for a Sylvania Silverstar today so I can put it in with my Eager Beaver H4 relay kit when it comes.
I could not find an H4 ST. Alls I could find was H1, H3, H7, 's
I did find an HB2, which says it also meets H4.
And as far as the Silverstar goes, they had some new Silverstar Ultras. for only 5 bucks more. So I got that one and decided to give it a try.
Now the bulb is listed as 60/55 on the package, but I'm assuming it's the same as the 55/60 you guys are talking about?

And as a side note, our Napa down here only carries Wagner products, not Sylvania. But maybe that's just our Napa here.

Great timing on the question, I lost the bulb in my "VBitz" seven inch headlight last night and I ran the high ouput kit which allows the 55 low 100 high bulb with no toasted wires. Thank god for Piaa driving light kit I have. It also has a small parking bulb (10 watt?)in the housing which many people seem to like for some reason. Now my question is, where do I get the replacement? I see ebay has the Xenon gas bulbs for 24 bucks shipped. Anyone try those?:bang head:

I went looking for a Sylvania Silverstar today so I can put it in with my Eager Beaver H4 relay kit when it comes.
I could not find an H4 ST. Alls I could find was H1, H3, H7, 's
I did find an HB2, which says it also meets H4.
And as far as the Silverstar goes, they had some new Silverstar Ultras. for only 5 bucks more. So I got that one and decided to give it a try.
Now the bulb is listed as 60/55 on the package, but I'm assuming it's the same as the 55/60 you guys are talking about?

And as a side note, our Napa down here only carries Wagner products, not Sylvania. But maybe that's just our Napa here.

quick question...

i thought we could run the H4ST bulb with stock wiring? If so, why are u getting the EB kit? Does it just make it brighter?

quick question...

i thought we could run the H4ST bulb with stock wiring? If so, why are u getting the EB kit? Does it just make it brighter?

Yeah sure either one is a good upgrade on it's own.
So I figure do both and get a Great Upgrade!
The sylvania silverstar is a cleaner brighter light, so why not allow it it's full potential by doing the relay upgrade also.

Latest posts

Back