Heartbroken!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycotic

Reaction score
Well not only am I heart broken but the heart of my v-max is broken! I have wanted a v-max since '85 and finally I got my dream bike only 4 weeks ago. Well, after 3000 wonderful miles I just discovered that my motor is shot. If anyone could assist me with finding a new motor I would really appreciate it!

Well not only am I heart broken but the heart of my v-max is broken! I have wanted a v-max since '85 and finally I got my dream bike only 4 weeks ago. Well, after 3000 wonderful miles I just discovered that my motor is shot. If anyone could assist me with finding a new motor I would really appreciate it!

Ahh I am sorry to hear that someone sold you a bumb engine, or maybe you thought you were riding a 600 sport bike and were winding her up to 10.5K + RPMS:confused2:
Dont worry this has happened to me hmmm well lets say replacing a VMAX engine isnt my first rodeo...
Check salvage yards, ebay. There are plenty of wrecked VMAX's around that the engines are still good and they havent been messed with....
A good used vmax engine expect to pay 1000.00 - 2000.00 I personally wouldnt pay anymore than 1200.00 for an engine with over 15K miles on it, Try and get a late model engine

There is one on ebay now starting bid is 895.00 with said 12000 miles on it, with 295.00 shipping. From a bike yard somewhere in Ohio.

You can find them from time to time with no problem. However, now may be the time for the 1300 upgrade we offer. It's not as cheap as getting a used one but a lot more fun with the extra power. I am pretty sure I am out of good stock engines at the moment.

Sean

Back