Helmet question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Do any of you guys find less wind pressure with a full face helmet over that of a open face helmet. I find long distance rides at 60 plus mph is hard on the neck especially with a head wind. I'm asking because I only have an open face.

I know - get a big windshield. Maybe later.:smileystooges:

Do any of you guys find less wind pressure with a full face helmet over that of a open face helmet. I find long distance rides at 60 plus mph is hard on the neck especially with a head wind. I'm asking because I only have an open face.

I know - get a big windshield. Maybe later.:smileystooges:
Absolutely!

They are wind tunnel tested to be aerodynamic... Your's is like a sail...

I use a Scorpion helmet EXO-700 and can't tell you how awesome it is for the money. My last helmet was an Arai and the Scorpion is equaly as good IMHO and costs half as much!:thumbs up:

Big difference between open face & full face helmet...

I ride with a shoei rf 1000 on my head. I like the wind you get with an open face helmet so i ride with the shield open and wear glasses.:coolgleamA: I can ride up to 100 mph like that, anything more i just close my shield. Works great!

Good deal! I love my mainframe.

Thanks Shawn...

I felt guilty for getting such a good deal. He put a $30 chrome shield on it and had it for $175 buy it now a few weeks earlier.

Icon is making some really nice gear now...love the ventilation on these things!

Just traded out the schoolgirl stickers for some nicer looking Vmax decals, and this is the end result.

:cheers:

Neil

Attachments

• icon_domain.jpg
    icon_domain.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 22
I have a Shoei RF-1000 too.
I like it, I run with the shield up most of the time, which does cause some whistling over 60mph, but anything over that I just close the shield.

Thanks Shawn...

I felt guilty for getting such a good deal. He put a $30 chrome shield on it and had it for $175 buy it now a few weeks earlier.

Icon is making some really nice gear now...love the ventilation on these things!

Just traded out the schoolgirl stickers for some nicer looking Vmax decals, and this is the end result.

:cheers:

Neil

Isn't that the carbon fiber model?My skull fusion mainframe retailed at $380.$170 from U/Motors.

I wear a flipup fullface, Fulmer AFM Modus. I tried to stuff my fat head into a 3x Nolan but there was no way! The 3x Fulmer fits nicely. I usually wear sunglasses or yellow lens (night) at speeds slower than 50 mph, after that I flip the shield down. Too many skeeters flying around up here.

Absolutely!

They are wind tunnel tested to be aerodynamic... Your's is like a sail...

I use a Scorpion helmet EXO-700 and can't tell you how awesome it is for the money. My last helmet was an Arai and the Scorpion is equaly as good IMHO and costs half as much!:thumbs up:

BIG F'ing BUMP for the EXO-700. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back