"help" i need a new helmet

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I NEED A NEW HELMET ! SO I NEED EVERYONES HELP ! LIGHTWEIGHT - FLAT BLACK - NO WIND NOISE - ABLE TO ORDER A BLACK SHIELD FOR IT - REMOVABLE LINER ! THANKS, ANY THOUGHTS WILL BE HELPFULL ! :punk:

I just purchased a Simpson Fury Full Face, and love it! Very quiet and plush inner removable liner.
I have an HJC helmet also and its noisey compared to the Simpson. HJC is a low cost helmet and comparing it to a Simpson or an Arai you can see night and day difference.

I have a zox modular helmet, with a flip of a switch sun shield.removeable inners. great air flow. and very comfortable.and the come in flat black

I wear a Fulmer Modus helmet. It comes in a bunch of colors including flat black. It is a little noisy, but I normally wear earplugs. It is a modular(flip up) style helmet which I thought would be more convienent than a regular full face. Now that I have worn it for a year I'm don't think so. It may just be force of old habits, but I take it off instead of flipping up.
I will probably look for a reg full face next time I get to a good shop with a few different models to try.

AS PER LANKEEYANKEE , I ORDERED A SIMPSON FURY HELMET , FLAT BLACK & A SMOKED SHIELD , THEY SAID 5 WORKING DAY'S SHIPPING , I'LL LET EVERYONE KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT ! THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT ! :punk:

I checked out an akuma the other day... it was a little heavy, but the quality was above par and they have some cool visor options like Tint on demand, and transition visors.

I like my Icon Rubatone Domain.

Noisy with the venting open, but, pretty quite all closed up. I can't hear anything above the pipes anyway, and the air flow feels good on the old noggin'.

Neil

Attachments

• icon_domain.jpg
    icon_domain.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
I use the Scorpion EXO-700 (Raider Graphic). Little noisy with the vents open but the venting is a must over here and the sheild change is a snap(Many options)...good price too.

I JUST GOT MY NEW HELMET , TO F!@$%%G SMALL FOR MY BIG HEAD , SENDING IT BACK , NOW IT'LL BE 2 WEEKS TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE ! :bang head:

I JUST GOT MY NEW HELMET , TO F!@$%%G SMALL FOR MY BIG HEAD , SENDING IT BACK , NOW IT'LL BE 2 WEEKS TO GET THE RIGHT SIZE ! :bang head:

Big Head,, I had the same problem also when the helmet came, but than I noticed I was trying to put it on the wrong head:rofl_200:

Man that sucks dude! What did you think of the qaulity of it, seals, faceshield to helmet seal, inner lining padding and feel, paint qaulity, overall style?

I have never been able to go by the sizing charts. The only way to be sure is to go to a few bike shops and try on helmets. Make a note of what fits by manufacturer and use that when ordering. I have worn large, XL and XXL depending on the maker. In the 80's, Shoei Large fit me. From the mid 90's on I had to buy Shoei's XL. They changed their sizing somewhere in the late 80's, early 90's. Also, there are three shell shapes on the market now. Round, oval and long oval. Each manufacturer has their own method of determining which is which. Not all offer different shell shapes either.

WELL , SIMPSON GOT MY HELMET BACK TODAY , THEY SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE A XL FURY IN FLAT BLACK , THEY ARE OUT OF STOCK , IT'LL BE 10-15 WORKING DAY'S UNTILL I SEE IT . I'M BUMMED ! I DID'NT THINK IT WOULD TURN INTO A 3 WEEK TURN AROUND RIGHT FROM THE COMPANY ITSELF ! :confused2:

WELL , GOT MY NEW HELMET LAST NIGHT , THEY SENT A F!@#$%G SMALL & IT WAS XL ON THE PAPERWORK ! I WAS FIT TO BE TIED ! SO THEY ARE 2ND DAY AIR MAILING ME THE RIGHT ONE , AND PICKING THIS ONE UP ! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

WELL , GOT MY NEW HELMET LAST NIGHT , THEY SENT A F!@#$%G SMALL & IT WAS XL ON THE PAPERWORK ! I WAS FIT TO BE TIED ! SO THEY ARE 2ND DAY AIR MAILING ME THE RIGHT ONE , AND PICKING THIS ONE UP ! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT ! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Who in the hell are you dealing with?:ummm: What Retailer so we know they are either retarded or cant read.:confused2: Sounds like a bunch of dumb asses. To be hionest I would have cancelled the whole thing and looked for a different place to order from..

FINALLY GOT AN XL SIMPSON FURY , FITS LIKE A GLOVE , LOOKS LIKE ITS MADE REAL GOOD ALSO ! NOW IF IT EVER STOPS F!@#$%G RAINING I'LL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU GUY'S IF IT MEETS UP TO MY FIRST REQUEST , LOW WIND NOISE . I'LL KEEP YOU GUY'S POSTED !:punk:

FINALLY GOT TO RIDE WITH THE NEW HELMET AT LUNCH TIME, THE SIMPSON FURY HELMET HAS ABOUT 50% LESS WIND NOISE THEN MY SHOEI , ITS A LITTLE LIGHTER & HAS A WIDER FIELD OF VIEW ! IT WAS KIND OF WEIRD , TILL I FIGURED OUT WHAT WAS SO DIFFERENT , I LOVE IT ! THE ONLY THING , THE HELMET IS FLAT BLACK & I PUT ON A BLACK SHIELD & ALL OF THE VENTS ARE BLACK , EXCEPT THE 2 REAR ONES ON TOP OF THE HELMET , THEY ARE CLEAR , BUT THEY ALMOST LOOK WHITE AGAINST THE BLACK HELMET , I THINK THEY WOULD LOOK BETTER BLACK SO I'M GOING TO SAND THEM & PAINT THEM FLAT BLACK ! BUT I DO RECOMMEND THIS HELMET ! THEY RUN SMALL & I HAD TO GET ONE SIZE BIGGER THEN MY SHOEI ! :clapping:

Back