Help, is this a scam?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
The truck i was after got sold. Found this on craigslist and have been communicating with the guy. Just seems too good to be true and fishy to me. What do you think?

Hi,

I am selling this 2003 Ford F150 4x4 SuperCrew Lariat because my platoon has been sent back to Iraq and don't want it get old in my backyard. The price is low because I need to sell it before May 27. It has no damage, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects. It is in immaculate condition, meticulously maintained and hasn't been involved in any accident..I do have the title , clear, under my name.The car have 70,3500 miles, year 2003 and VIN 1FTRW08L43KC50421.

It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad $4900.
The car is in Great Falls, MT, in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Regards,
James

MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS CAR:

Pictures:
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/2003FordF150Lariat4x4/

2003 FORD F150 SUPERCREW
1FTRW08L43KC50421
CREW PICKUP 5.4L V8 PFI SOHC 16V 4 WHEEL DRIVE
70,350 miles
5.4L SOHC Triton V-8 engine that puts out 260 horsepower and 350 foot-pounds of torque
Automatic Transmission w/ Overdrive
Trailer Towing Package (6750#)
4x4 Off Road Package (Shift-On-Fly)
Leather Interior (40/60 split rear bench seat w/head restraints)
Removable locking tailgate
Four full-size doors
Power Doors, Windows, Mirrors, Driver Seat
Autolamp automatic on/off headlamps
Heated Front Seats
Remote Keyless Entry
Driver-Side Keypad Entry
Homelink Universal Garage Door Opener
Electronic automatic temperature control (EATC) air conditioning
Pwr adjustable accelerator/brake pedals
Fog lamps
Custom JVC CD Player (MP3)
Anti-Theft
Sliding Rear Window
Overhead console w/ compass
Rhino Bed Liner
Cruise Control / Tilt Wheel
The truck is carfax certified. The exterior of the truck is in excellent condition

I emailed asking to speak on the phone and got this reply:

As I've told you at this moment I am in Great Falls, MT in a military base getting ready for Iraq. This mean that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want. The shipping can't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the car along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, full service records and more ...Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like eBay, using their Business Purchase Protection Program.The payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 5 inspection time period and the option to accept or reject the car on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info and they will notify you about our deal.

Hope to hear from you soon

Asked about shipping and got:

Hi again,

I will ship using a military air cargo company to the nearest airport. from there hey will tuck it to your address. I have just started the transaction with ebay and you will be informed via email with all payment and shipping details.
The item will arrive at your address in max 3-5 days after delivery.

Thanks and keep me updated.

Best ragards

LOL i answered my own question. Yes this is a scam. Help me out boys, how can we bait this fucker and get his ass caught?

ME: How can you prove to me this is legit and not a scam? Its screaming scam, What can you do for me to make me feel better?

Scammer:

Hi

I see that you are very concerned about the transaction and you dont trust in me. Please understand that i am not forcing you to buy the car from me and if you dont want to buy it there is no problem because i will find another buyer.
I just want to tell you that i am a very serious seller.

There are a few conditions to be met before you can ask for a refund:
If the seller cannot prove that you have received the item(s) in
the condition stated above or if the seller mislead you to belive
the item has certain properties which doesn't prove true, you are
entitled to the refund.
If your merchandise arrives in a much longer period than the one
you agreed on, you are also entitled to refund.
Under these circumstances you have to send back the item.
You are also entitled to a refund if the item doesn't arrive at all.

I never cheat somebody in my life.I can not do such awfull things because:

1. I have an education which not allowed me to do these kind of things.
2. I have family and children and i will never risk my life to go to jail for this amount of money.
3. You will send the funds to ebay and they will keep the money until you receive the car, test and inspect it
4. You will have a 30 days trial period to test the car, and if somehow is not like i said it is you can return it on my costs.

I didn`t write you this to convince you to buy the product but just to inform you that i am a man of honor who keep his word.

Thank you for your attention.

ME:

go ahead and set everything up, ive got the money and want to buy ASAP. Please hurry i am short for time. :eusa_dance:

typically with english that bad its a scam!

I'm putting my money on it being a scam. Sounds just like an '05 max a guy was trying to sell me last year....3rd party e bay protection, money in escrow, all the protection you could ask for! One little hitch, the bike was in Poland, but he would pay all shipping costs!....."If it sounds too good to be true....it probably is!!"

Tell him you really want the truck (he seems to think it's a car) and are planning to modify the air intake and would he send you a few more pics of the engine compartment.

Bet you never get them!!!

Thes bastards are almost impossible to set-up, they're hidden behind all kinds of electronic barriers, very difficult to get to.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/1174512496.html

web search the VIN or any other information in his reply. Chances are, it's posted all over the place.

Your the man, thats the same truck, same vin, everything. I have unlimited carfax's for a month and i checked the vin, it comes back clean as a whistle.

The guy sent me an email supposedly from ebay lining up the purchase, ill try to get a screenshot to show you guys. Its not from ebay or id be able to see it when i sign into ebay.

Don't ya just love how he claims that he "has an education" that prevents him from cheating people....yet this same education didn't help his grammar and spelling at all!

Yes it's a scam. Tell him you have a friend that is at the base and will give him the money in person. You will not hear from him again. This is why the scammers want to "take care" of the shipping for you.

The easiest way to find out if it is a scam is to check the guy out. Ask him for his military information.

Where is he stationed:
His unit or company number:
His Commanding officers Name

If he gives you this then you can call that base and check him out. If he is on the up and up all this will check out. If he doesn't give you any of this info then its a scam.

Thats just my two cents. seems alot of trouble for a pick up. maybe you can check you local paper.

"Is this a scam??" ....we ALL know it is........I like the idea about handing off the money from someone on the base!!! LLLLLL....That'll do it!!!...LLLLLLLLLL

Yes. I can confirm for you that is indeed a scam. A very common one in fact. I have read similar "stories" all over kijiji.ca and craigslist.

I can usually point them out. Usually a far too good deal to be true. And as per usual - there is no way you will be able to see the vehicle in person. Ever. They will communicate and come up with every single excuse in the book.

Trust me. Send me your money if you really want to lose it that bad :)

1.) ALL sellers - who use kijiji and craigslist WHO THEN REVERT you to ebay are scamming.

2.) If it's too good to be true - it is :)

3.) The old soldier off to war is a classic. It seems believable - and it could happen. But if for any reason you can't see it, and speak to somebody in person - then keep looking :)
________
vapor genie vaporizer

Last edited:
Back