Help with rear end swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Hey guys
I just picked up a venture rear end, do a lot of commuting, anyways I have read over the tech manual on removing the rear tire and taking off the pumpkin, my question is...
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on what do and what not to do that might not be spelled out in the books???
Plus if there is anyone in the So Cal area experienced and willing to help I would be very grateful (beer, pizza, steak)
Thanks
Cheers :cheers:
Fargo

I have not done it, but I think someone on the forum has as I have read something on this before. I don't think it's really tricky...if you get the right year, however, it's not that hard - maybe it is ? I'm guessing.

Good luck, after you do it, let us know if you think it was worth it. I find when I'm on the highway I sometimes look for the 6th gear ( wishing it had one ) but only until I wanna pass. I'm not sure I would do it but - if your just taking it ez ; dropping that rpm a little would be nice.

Back