higher revs = lower volts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know why I needed a jump. That's why I checked my voltage at idle when I got home.
It usually cranks a bit slower when it is still hot (like after filling the tank). When I needed the jump, it turned over for about 1 second - really slowly - and that was it.
When I jumped it, it spun right up and started quick. It was still hot. Might have took me 5 minutes to borrow a battery powered jumper box and hook it up.
Starting to wonder about the battery. It's a few years old now. Always has plenty of juice, just a little weak on hot starts sometimes.

I'm pretty sure a bad battery will make it over charge.......someone correct me if I am wrong.

No, I think you are right. Been reading up on the symptoms I'm having and have seen bad battery listed as a possible cause.

Update.
Rode to work yesterday. 170 mile round trip. Hot starts no longer seem to be an issue, turns over like a champ after refueling 3 times. Checked the voltage after I got home and it is between 14 and 14.6 at all engine speeds!!!
No idea what happened, but the charging system seems to be working perfectly now. I will throw a meter on it a few more times over the next dozen rides to make sure all is still good.

Thank you to all who chimed in! And thank you to rawarrior for the excellent how-to with pictures.

Latest posts

Back