HJC tinted visor (anti-fog)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
So i had always gotten tinted visors for my helmets and gotten the 'anti scratch' which were $10 cheaper and i never thought the antifog would do much. well. i was wrong. With the regular anti-scratch visor anytime the temps got below 45 it would fog like hell from my breath. No more. With the anti fog at least down to freezing (haven't ridden any colder yet) there is barely any fogging. maybe a dime size if that near your breath. so if anyone was looking for a cheaper option than the pinlock stuff this might be your ticket. they're about $35 ish.

also another trick that the guys from pittsburgh liked was if you just carry some electrical tape on your bike and get caught with a rising or setting sun, just put 2-3 strips on the top of the visor so you don't have to dip your head like crazy. cheap and easy to take on/off.

Oh hell no! Anti- Fog FTW! It all started with my Scorpion and my new JR has it too. Of course JR's helmets are made by HJC and use HJC lens's. It doesn't last forever and it makes them harder to clean the inside for some reason.

Chris

yea it appears theres a coating on the inside, probably just to differentiate the temps, whatever it works great, and this time of year the tinted visor is key as the sun is so low for so long.

Just rub some good old spit ( that's saliva to you squemish people ) or ( dishwashing liquid for you tree-huggers )...on the inside of your visor and no fogging up...scuba diving trick...:punk:

visor #HJ-09

but i think thats just a generic #

I'm not sure what I used on my Vemar's fog proof coating but it lifted it and then washed off so now I have a small part that fogs. The rest of the shield remains fog free though.
Luckily it is not in my line of vision b/c the shield is $60 to replace! The Vemar shield that I've used for the last 2 seasons is virtually scratch free, good thing too at that price to replace them!

I just hold my breath at stop lights or lift the visor on my HJC CL-16 when it's cold.:eusa_dance: Once I get moving the fogging goes away.

I have the Pinlock system on 3 of my helmets and I love it. Works perfectly. Never have fog, even when I TRY to fog the shield. It is pretty standard on helmets in Europe. Starting to show up here.

i MY WIFE GOES TO THE GYM 3 DAYS A WEEK ( MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY ) , SO ON THE 3RD WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH , WHEN SHE TAKES A SHOWER , I GO INTO HER HAMPER AND TAKE OUT HER THONG , AND RUB THE COTTON LINER ON THE INSIDE OF MY SHIELD , THERE IS NO FOG AND THE AROMA BRINGS BACK MEMORIES ! .. :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200:

o_0

Tim, sounds like you have a valuable good for export there. It'd be a shame to not share this revolutionary anti-fog technology with everyone!

o_0

Tim, sounds like you have a valuable good for export there. It'd be a shame to not share this revolutionary anti-fog technology with everyone!
i " RA " ARE YOU PLACING YOUR FIRST ORDER ? .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

COP RUNNER: THIS REFERS TO YOUR POST #11....

U R 2 Funny Bro...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

In a feeble attempt to pull this thread back out of the fire.......:biglaugh:

I've heard a raw potato rubbed on the inside of the shield will work well also.

'Course, the only memory that sparks is of my grandparents telling me about shuffling through Ellis Island during the Spud Famine. :a014:

So, how much for the purple thong, Timmy.....ey? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I was just kidding about pulling the thread out!! :hihi:

i MY WIFE GOES TO THE GYM 3 DAYS A WEEK ( MONDAY-WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY ) , SO ON THE 3RD WEDNESDAY OF EVERY MONTH , WHEN SHE TAKES A SHOWER , I GO INTO HER HAMPER AND TAKE OUT HER THONG , AND RUB THE COTTON LINER ON THE INSIDE OF MY SHIELD , THERE IS NO FOG AND THE AROMA BRINGS BACK MEMORIES ! .. :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I read this to my wife and she said... "thats just wrong" :rofl_200: Then I reminded her sometimes I dont wash my face for days.:rofl_200:

Boy.. Look at the time.. gotta go

I also heard of a organically grown product which when it's woven in intricate patterns with varying degrees of texture will provide some relief, albeit temporary, from the fog and droplets of water that can form on the interior of a helmets visor on those chilly mornings.

I also heard of a organically grown product which when it's woven in intricate patterns with varying degrees of texture will provide some relief, albeit temporary, from the fog and droplets of water that can form on the interior of a helmets visor on those chilly mornings.

I've heard of this method of anti-foggin'....and later, after it warms up.....:eek:h yeah:

Back