holeshot performance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedfreke

Reaction score
has anyone tried holeshot performance's rear shocks, how do they compare to the progressives that everyone seems to use?

I'm also thinking about the Holeshot 11.5" rear shocks, like the looks. Anybody had any history with these units?

I'm not sure if his catalog is up to date. Those appear to the be progressive 412's that used to be made in black.

Sean

Ther 412's are better than stock, but that's about it, they're good for the money.....i had a set that started leaking at 5000 miles but it was probably my fault since it suffered throught the whoopdies on Texas 336 and bottomed out HARD several times with my wife on back (no jokes please:biglaugh:, she only weighs 112lbs...But I forgot to raise the per-load first.....:bang head:

Running Works Performance shocks now, my good friend Billy sold them to me for cheap when he went with extended swingarm...they are also pretty decent, but only adjustable for per-load, I could send them in and have them re-valved since they are infinitely rebuildable/revalvable........ would really like some of thsoe redound and dampening adjustable separate n2 reservoir shocks but I don't seem to have $1000 bucks laying around, I've looked and apparently my wife got to it first:biglaugh:

Bringing this back from the dead, anyone try these or are they just more expensive 412's?

Someone who is more-familiar w/those than me please chime-in, I think unless you're 5'4" or something, the 11.5" shocks will severely compromise ground clearance. Now if you are thinking about dragstrip performance only, then something lowering the bike may be for you, but I think we have little-enough cornering clearance, especially on the left and with the centerstand and sidestand.

I have the stock length P.S. cheaper units and like them, I didn't have to spend $$ and they are clearly much-better than stock.

I'm also thinking about the Holeshot 11.5" rear shocks, like the looks. Anybody had any history with these units?

I like the 412's for a pure cost perspective. BUT, I also love the 11.5" length and have never had much problem with clearance issues even with running hard.

Only trouble with shorter rear shocks is it becomes near impossible to get the bike on its center stand, unless the rear wheel is over a plank or something. I had 11.5" on my '86 when I first got it, and it sucked!

Back