Homeowners' Association lawn requirements

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
"I got a threatening letter from the HOA about a too-long lawn, but I'm taking care of it now!"

Attachments

• HOA demands lawns be kept mown.jpg
    HOA demands lawns be kept mown.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 79
Homeowner Associations cause as much trouble a the Federal Government!

Keep it trimmed, and hopefully those HOA "spy bots" will leave ya be until they find some other serious contract violation to hassle you about........:biglaugh:........Tom.

I remember finding a 5 acre parcel to build a house on. Everything was great about it until I started reading the HOA requirements. When I hit the line that said "lawn mowers had to be stored in a shed or garage". I knew right then that these people are to anal for me..HOAs suck sometimes especially when you have the nag that us MS perfect, all upitty and thinks she is all that.

Hmmm, you'd think that the focus of a HOA where lots are 5 acres would be the preservation of a rural lifestyle promoting the agricultural usage of the land.

I would want to store my lawn mower in a garage or other enclosure in the snow belt, just for the sake of longevity of usage. And with 5 acres to maintain, I suspect it wouldn't be a lawn mower that I would be using, it would be some-sort of tractor.

I understand your belief about the potential behavior of HOA members, and it didn't feel like the right fit for you, so you opted out. Have you been back by the lot, to see how things are with the passage of time?

In my situation, my wife would never agree to live in a location where the next-door neighbor had a "hobby" of bringing home inoperable vehicles, and storing them on the lot, outside, for the tin worm to digest them as the property owner continued to bring more of them, and never did anything with the eyesores.

I remember finding a 5 acre parcel to build a house on. Everything was great about it until I started reading the HOA requirements. When I hit the line that said "lawn mowers had to be stored in a shed or garage". I knew right then that these people are to anal for me..HOAs suck sometimes especially when you have the nag that us MS perfect, all upitty and thinks she is all that.

I have not been back by there, in years. I totally understand the eye sores of old cars etc. I think they were trying to drive the properties to be a horse type set up. If I remember correctly you also could not store RVs outside either. I have a 40' enclosed trailer that automatically put me out too. Lol

'Equestrian communities' are different than you and me, they have more money! The last thing those snobs want is an unmuffled motorcycle cruising around to upset their pricey horseflesh.

From my view, there are more valuable cars than there are horses. I can name a few in the eight-figure club:
  • Ferrari 250 GTO
  • Bugatti Royale
  • Talbot Lago
  • McLaren F1 street model
  • Duesenberg SJ
Multiply the production of those models by their worth, and I bet the cars' value exceeds any horses' worth.

Here in Palm Beach County FL there is the Polo Club, which is a development where very rich people have a home they use during the winter for their hobby of polo. In the spring, they ship the horses and people caring for them north to spend the summer on the polo circuit. It's a big industry, catering to 'the horse people.'

When the polo 'pony' owners ship their horses north, they have big trailers but I'd guess the trailers don't stay at the acreage where the homes are, they are in off-site storage, and show-up for the transport, and then return to NIMBY storage lots.

I have not been back by there, in years. I totally understand the eye sores of old cars etc. I think they were trying to drive the properties to be a horse type set up. If I remember correctly you also could not store RVs outside either. I have a 40' enclosed trailer that automatically put me out too. Lol

We've looked at that kind of development, and it doesn't suit me as much as the little lady. Sometimes my friends pull hole-shots to let me know they've arrived. Sometimes I like to make a mess for a few days. I'm glad the fees are so high around here. That keeps Tina focused on where we are already.

This is why I lo e so far out in the country. I would never OWN a piece of property where other people could dictate to me what I can do with it. Where I live, if you are close enough to see something that you don't like, you are trespassing and well within range.

This is why I lo e so far out in the country. I would never OWN a piece of property where other people could dictate to me what I can do with it. Where I live, if you are close enough to see something that you don't like, you are trespassing and well within range.

100% agree!

Once you live outside the city with no neighbors there is no going back. I remember how much it sucked to have neighbors, I cant imagine having neighbors with authority over me, fuuuuck that! fuk that, phukk that!

I'm laughing about HOA requirements. They can be a pain in the ass. Always someone with too much time on their hands that complains. Even where I lived in Sandwich, MA., my property, my house, there were regulations I had to abide by. Some people always screw it up for others. At one time I had about 15 lawn mowers I resurrected from the town transfer station. All thrown away. Some had nothing more than water in the fuel tank from being left outside. A successful dump run wasn't successful unless I brought something back. But that got stopped when the rules at the dump changed to not taking anything because of some dimwit starting a fight at the scrap metal pile. I was using the mowers to cut down the woods and brush. hitting rocks was bad enough but those stumps would stop the engines dead. Bend the crank and wipe out the timing keys. Install a new timing key and start them back up. Sometimes the cranks bent so much that the mower would actually bounce up and down. I would then turn mower upside down, find the high spot and give it a couple of good whacks with a splitting maul. When mowers got that bad it wasn't long before they became terminal. I didn't give a shit because they were free. I was buying the timing keys by the dozen. The small engine mechanic at the Hardware store where I was buying them eventually asked me why I was buying so many. When I told him what I was doing his face got white and he said you can't do that. Fuck I can't, I had been doing it for about a 2 years. LOL

Back