Horse power with or without Vboost question?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeymustang

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was talking to a fellow Vmaxer about horse power when we came up with a good question... How much horse power or torque does the Vboost give you?

I have not seen any dyno sheets of a stock Vmax wich show a slight spike around the 6000-6500 rpm range where Vboost opens up.:ummm:

Thanks

Mike

http://www.mikeymustang.com/Dindex.htm

Here is a little info I have on this. A friend of mine has a 89 vmax Kerker 4 into 1, Stage 7, Vboost removed pipes installed. My 06 has Holeshot exhaust, Holeshot stage 1, Y removed from air box. We just took a 400 mile ride Memorial weekend ,even road each others bikes. I was surprised how close they ran to each other on performance. Really no advantage either way. :ummm:

If I remember correctly, the non V-Boost models were for the countries that had a 100 hp limit. There may have been other mods to reduce the hp other than just removing the V-Boost to get it at or below the 100 hp.

If I remember correctly, the non V-Boost models were for the countries that had a 100 hp limit. There may have been other mods to reduce the hp other than just removing the V-Boost to get it at or below the 100 hp.
1+ to that and yep we have an castrated models by removing v-boost.

I bealive nothing else changed but some guys claims that camshafts was changed and also final drive ratio but i dont know is that tru.

Some models have 100hp and some have 98hp.

A stock non vboost model is 98hp , a stock vboost model is 145 hp .

all spec sites i've read show any 86+ model to have around 100hp isntead of the 145hp crank. this site has proven that false.

also, what's the vmax's rear diff. gear ratio?

Note, there is a HUGE difference between bikes that have stage seven v-boost eliminators compared to the non v-boost equipped bikes. The fix is very easy for them though.

The OEM non v-boost bikes have what appears to be a stage seven cross over tube but its actually a solid plug with no opening between the carbs. The solution is to either:

A: Bore out the tubes and get the same effect as stage seven with vboost on full time
B: Buy Stage Seven tubes and install them (same effect as option A)
C: Buy a complete V-boost assembly from the U.S. bikes and install on the Euro bike. It's a direct bolt on.

Option C will still at least let you sync the carbs.

I don't really think there is a 50 HP difference like is advertised. I am thinking more in the 20 range (and only above 6000rpm when our v-boost starts working).

Vmax rear Diff Ratio = 3.66
Venture/Star rear Diff Ratio = 3.33

Sean

I should have shut my v-boost off on the dyno last year. I can easily do that with a push of a button. Then we'd know what it REALLY does...

Chris

Note, there is a HUGE difference between bikes that have stage seven v-boost eliminators compared to the non v-boost equipped bikes. The fix is very easy for them though.

The OEM non v-boost bikes have what appears to be a stage seven cross over tube but its actually a solid plug with no opening between the carbs. The solution is to either:

A: Bore out the tubes and get the same effect as stage seven with vboost on full time
C: Buy a complete V-boost assembly from the U.S. bikes and install on the Euro bike. It's a direct bolt on.

I don't really think there is a 50 HP difference like is advertised. I am thinking more in the 20 range (and only above 6000rpm when our v-boost starts working).

Sean

Yeah I think I missed the point on this thread lol :confused2:

Sean
I just install one of the v-boost's that i bought from you to one guy with european castrated v-max. The difrence is huddddddge.
Completly difrent bike when you first run him without the v-boost.
I think i saw one dyno sheet with us max and eu one.
I'll try to find this to show you.
I think it is really 45hp more.

Anyway its no compare to my max with dj7...

Owner had his bike for about 2 years and he goes to the test ride after v-boost instalation and when he get back...man i tell you, you should see his eyes, they were wideeeeee open :rofl_200:

He says: I've never expected that bike could be that fast, before was just a moped :D

How much horse power or torque does the Vboost give you?

Those numbers reported earlier sound very reasonable but when asked about the horsepower of my bike sometimes I answer "More than I need, as much as I want, and sometimes I use EVERY single one of them"

Latest posts

Back