How do I remove the rear fender?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMadVmax

Reaction score
I removed the two main bolts, and then unscrewed the metal piece under the fender. I don't know how to get the fender off with the wiring going through it. I tried taking the tail light apart, but the wires off of the housing.

Leave the wiring in the tail light alone. Remove the seat. Look to the right of the rubber spill guard around the fuel cap. You will see the wiring harness. There is a little boot there that protects some connectors. Unplug the connectors and you are golden. The metal inner fender can remain attached to the plastic outer fender if you wish. The whole thing will come off in one piece once the wires are disconnected and the two bolts removed that are under the passenger seat.

I'm on my way to the garage to check it out...thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm going to paint it, so I thought I should get the plastic by itself.

When you go to put it back on, take lots of step by step pictures and you can post a write up of it in here.

Will do...I'm not a paint guy, so I'm starting to think that I should find someone to paint it for me; I owe it to my savage beast of a bike!

Back