How far have you Jumped your Max??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 MAX-fan

Reaction score
OK,
Let's get down to the nitty gritty. What is the distance record in jumping the V-Max? Jumps where the rider crashes or bails don't count! Oh, and manmade or natural ramps are both ok. Certified (or certifiable) witnesses are required.
Rockatansky is building a ramp up the side of his garage and we need to know just what its going to take to set the record.
We prepared this weekend by airing up the tires to 150 PSI, filling the fork tubes to the very top with 20w-50 motor oil, and putting in coil spring boosters on the back. Afterwards we watched Dukes of Hazzard episodes and Hooper to try to get some tips.
All of you guys with your quarter mile times just don't get it, and frankly probably aren't up to the challenge.
:ummm:

I'd probably say 30' or so but maybe only a foot or two off the ground. At least intentionally.

Mark and I both got some serious air (probably higher and farther) on a ride in johnstown back in 05?? Remember that Mark? It was funner then hell.

Sean

I love hitting all those "speed jumps" in the parking lots but I don't think Max has got anything on my KDX......:rofl_200:

I think I got about a foot off that raccoon I hit a while back......:confused2:

wow is this for real lol??
We MOCK.......What we don't understand.
Knevil caught serious air with the skyshots he perpetrated on his Harley. Ever see that old movie "Then came Bronson"?
The V-MAX is light years ahead of those other bike technologically speaking and YOU ASK IF THIS IS FOR REAL??????
Yes. It is. I have personally cleared 37 ft without the modifications I outlined above. I am going to own that record when all is said and done.

YOU ASK IF THIS IS FOR REAL??????
Yes. It is. I have personally cleared 37 ft without the modifications I outlined above. I am going to own that record when all is said and done.

Sounds like a youtube viral video is going to be in the making :punk:

I'd probably say 30' or so but maybe only a foot or two off the ground. At least intentionally.

Mark and I both got some serious air (probably higher and farther) on a ride in johnstown back in 05?? Remember that Mark? It was funner then hell.

Sean
Height off of the ground does not matter (though higher IS cooler). This is purely a distance record.
Rockatansky feels that if he can land frontwheel first, and parlee that into a stoppy it could be worth as much as 15 extra feet. We will see.
I have some plans drawn up to bolt some aluminum wing boxes onto the rear cylinder head for extra lift. I need to head out to the garage and fire up the press brake and wire feed gun.....:punk:

I love hitting all those "speed jumps" in the parking lots but I don't think Max has got anything on my KDX......:rofl_200:
Good God Man!
Can't you see beyond your prejudices? IT HAS 145 HP!! You are only gonna jump it a handfull of times. shheeeite, rules allow a landing ramp if you gotta go the wuss route. Suspension does not = distance.
THE MAX DOMINATES YOUR KDX ON THE TOP END!!! Try to think clearly please..................:bang head:

Good God Man!
Can't you see beyond your prejudices? IT HAS 145 HP!! You are only gonna jump it a handfull of times. shheeeite, rules allow a landing ramp if you gotta go the wuss route. Suspension does not = distance.
THE MAX DOMINATES YOUR KDX ON THE TOP END!!! Try to think clearly please..................:bang head:

Hey...I enjoy jumpimg the speed bumps....DON'T KNOCK IT........atleast i'm trying.....

There is a post in here by Lankee that claims he missed a curve, and flew something like 80 feet into a field.

Well, Mark can add his 2 cents. We were doing well into the tripple digits and the road dropped out of view until we were on top of the drop area. I would be the distance was way out there as I want to say a good 5-6 seconds of air time (anyone with a calculator want to guess the time/distance out on that one - lets say 5 seconds at 120mph). The overall elevation change was probably 8-10 feet.

Sean

I would be the distance was way out there as I want to say a good 5-6 seconds of air time (anyone with a calculator want to guess the time/distance out on that one - lets say 5 seconds at 120mph). The overall elevation change was probably 8-10 feet.

Sean

An off the top guestimate would put it at around 176ft. :clapping:

Well, Mark can add his 2 cents. We were doing well into the tripple digits and the road dropped out of view until we were on top of the drop area. I would be the distance was way out there as I want to say a good 5-6 seconds of air time (anyone with a calculator want to guess the time/distance out on that one - lets say 5 seconds at 120mph). The overall elevation change was probably 8-10 feet.

Sean
That would make for a major OH SHIT moment, followed by a world class WHEW!:worthy:
That would far outdistance the Lankee excursion into the field jump!:confused2:

It was way fun but an oh shit moment as we hit that area and all of the sudden the road was GONE! Thankfully it was a very straight area in the middle of the woods in Pennsylvania at the thunder rally. If we hadn't been trying to catch back up with the group we would have turned around and gone back to do it again.

Sean

Back