How Many and What Bikes Have You Owned.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

Reaction score
PreMax love affair, what was your's?

Just before my first Vmax, my obsession was my 1987 Honda Supermagna.
coolgleamA.gif

The first time I saw one I new I needed it. The styling was nearly perfect. I had only seen two in person before finally getting this one and they were both red. I left notes on both asking if they would consider selling and never got a call. I finally found this one on Cycletrader and it just so happened, I actually could afford it.

I drove about 6 hour to go get it and rode it home (not without adventure) from there. After clearing the three dead mice and packed fiberglass insulation off the top of the air filter
stickyman.gif
it ran like new the rest of the time I owned it.

The only reason I got rid of it was it seemed all my buddies had gotten new sport bikes:confused2: and I was getting left in the dust. I wasn't about to give up my cruiser so I new there was only one bike that could serve both roles and have the styling to boot... Mr. Max.:punk:

Let's hear your's.

Attachments

• Monte.jpg
    Monte.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 49
  • monte-2.jpg
    monte-2.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 12
  • monte-3.jpg
    monte-3.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 24
  • monte-rear.jpg
    monte-rear.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 19
  • monte-4.jpg
    monte-4.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 23
Re: My PreMax love affair, what was your's?

Here is my previous bike... I put 45,000 miles on it touring the U.S. and Canada over a 3 year period and decided it was time to upgrade to something with a bit more power, comfort and room for panniers and such...

Attachments

• restored.jpg
    restored.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 46

I went from a 72 H2 kawasaki to my vmax.Now I can't wait to rebuild it.Totally different machine though.

Hey Shawn, considering your lust for speed, I bet it looked like this!

Attachments

• 72 H2 copy.jpg
    72 H2 copy.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 47

Almost!Yah ,Right ,I wish!

Attachments

• MD2020.jpg
    MD2020.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 41

Oops! I put up the wrong bike picture.

There, I fixed it. :whistlin:

i would love to hear what those exhaust sound like. I wish someone would make exhaust that look like that, or like the cobra's for the vmax that could actually produce horsepower or at least not lessen it from stock :(

Shad,I like that one!These bikes are 2strokes so they sound nothing like a 4stroke.The pipe design is also a totally different world.I have my complete h2 in pieces and bought another 72 complete stock bore engine.One of my rod bearings went out.It will get the full street strip treatment one of these days.They are getting up to 220hp out of these now naturally aspirated.

The after market vmax exhaust is just about as good as it can get.The biggest restriction on the vmax motor is the carbs.Stock heads and cams outflow the carbs big time.After porting and putting in bigger cams you definately need to go bigger carbs to unlease the power that is there.I am still working on mine but need to find more time in the day with everything else thats going on.Slow but sure.

I went from a 72 H2 kawasaki to my vmax.Now I can't wait to rebuild it.Totally different machine though.

I hear that....I had a 72 and a 75-76 (cant remember which yr it was) H2..... POWER!
Wheelie through ALL gears.....lol
not too comfortable to ride tho.

Bump...

Anyone else have a bike BEFORE the VMAX? :ummm:

Rode my pops '83 Honda shadow 500, fun ride.

Mark

Two Yamaha Seca 750's, damn those things would scream!
I wouldn't give anything for my v-boost, but the sound of a Seca middle gear will make me stop in my tracks to listen to her sing.

I painted the first one zebra striped, and the second one flat black. The second is now my four-wheeler after the wreck, but I'm always looking for the third in somebody's garage.

Well, I had two Honda's to start out with... A '82 CB650 and a '84 Interceptor 750. Both were fun, but i remember that Interceptor having a ton of snot (it had some work done to it). I actually rode with my friend, who was the owner of my max before he sold it to me. We would always mess around, not that I had a chance in beating him, but it was always fun.

I started the spring that I was 8.Bought a yamaha GT 80.Stupid thing only did 35 mph(mine had a speedo,no crash bars).I rode it all summer then in the spring sold it and bought a yamaha mx 250.Way more fun but I needed a cement block to get on.

Attachments

• gt80.jpg
    gt80.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 6

NICE,

That is definetly one that is high on my "someday" list. Honda CBX, Yamaha RZ350, Triumph Speed Triple, and another Honda Super Magna

Here is my previous bike... I put 45,000 miles on it touring the U.S. and Canada over a 3 year period and decided it was time to upgrade to something with a bit more power, comfort and room for panniers and such...

New to the forum,,,,,,,, Hello all. I just picked up an 02 vmax with 1,900 miles on it.
The old guy was afraid of it and just rode it in circles on his street. It is so clean I'm not sure I want to get it dirty. I trailered it home. Still has factory little paper tags on the wiring. It has never seen the rain. Do I ride it or just stare at it :biglaugh: .

Ride it or sell it to me. :)

Congrats on your purchase...and welcome to the Forum!

Mark

Image147.jpg
My first bike was a 1973 Honda CB750K. That thing was a hoot to ride. I never got any pics of the thing before I wrecked it. It looked like the one above, but it was dark green with the same color stripes and not in nearly as good of shape.

Soon after that I picked up a 1983 CB1000C. The bike was near mint when I got it. I had it through college but couldn't afford to keep it (storage, insurance, etc) when I graduated.

Color0001.2.jpg View attachment motorcycle 2.2.bmp

Fast forward 5 years (with no bike) and my idiot father ends up in a hospital near death. Since the azzhole was supposed to die (or spend the remainder of his days as a vegetable in a nursing home), we sold his house and split his belongings up . Since I was the only one who rode I got his 2003 Honda VTX 1800. The bike handled like a mule with a broken leg (obscenely top heavy and the FI was very no throttle or full throttle which made low speed maneuvers interesting), but it had an intoxicating intake sound, was super comfy and it had two wheels so I didn't complain. It also would do some kick ass burnouts.
Howard-s-Bike0005.jpg Howard-s-Bike0003.jpg

Amazingly he recovered and of course wanted his stuff back, and out went the VTX after 9 months of quasi-ownership (If he would have died, it would have been mine). I of course got the itch back after having his bike and bought the V-Max a few months later.
new exhaust0012.jpg

Love Affair? I would say the 1983 CB1100F. I have wanted this bike since I first bought my 750K, but I don't know if I would trade my Max for one.
MM_1983_CB1100F_cycle.jpg

Last edited:
Back