how much should I expect to pay to sync the carbs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the same boat and it sounds like the Carbtune Pro is the way to go... so where do I find the darn thing? It looks like you can order directly from the UK, but I expected to find something as simple/useful/common as this in regular local shops, or at least common online sites.... :ummm:

Just order direct from the UK. It will come quick. Mine came in a week. Others have gotten them in as quick as 4 days. The exchange rate is good too. Mine was less than $100 to my door a few months ago. Super easy to use. Follow the directions on the site here and you can't go wrong. I paid the additional $ to get the case with it too.

http://www.ekmpowershop1.com/ekmps/shops/carbtune/carbtune-pro-4-column-and-toolpouch-24-p.asp

Just order direct from the UK. It will come quick. Mine came in a week. Others have gotten them in as quick as 4 days.

On it's way, thanks for everyone's advice. :clapping: Although I'm not holding my breath on the timing. Hawaii is pretty much the other side of the planet from UK, not to mention everything out here runs on island time, brah, which translates to "I'll get to it when I feel like it, brah".

Thanks again!

Ha ha - thanks to this thread, I had a bizzare dream last night that some guy was trying to synch my carbs with a homemade carb synch tool - which consisted of a 45 gallon drum that was half plastic, filled with sand. Problem was the bike was in gear, and kept driving away on him.

Anyway, congrats!

Give us a write up when you get it - and tell us how easy - or not easy it was to synch.
I should be ordering mine soon enough.
________
Miyoshi Plant (Mazda) history

Last edited:
Of all the motorcycles I have owned in over 50 years, the Max is the easiest with more than two cylinders to sync. :thumbs up:

The Morgan Carbtune is my favorite sync tool.

The hardest to sync was my CBX.... :bang head:

Of all the motorcycles I have owned in over 50 years, the Max is the easiest with more than two cylinders to sync. :thumbs up:

The Morgan Carbtune is my favorite sync tool.

The hardest to sync was my CBX.... :bang head:

m-c. is that because of the ease of getting to the vacuum ports or just b/c it sync's up the easiest?

also u still owe me full pictures of your bike. you promised months ago! haha

I had a single cylinder that was a BITCH to sync up... I could never find the damn nipple to hook the tool to. I ended up giving up and selling the bike to some unsuspecting idiot. I bet it vibrated like crazy on him to. Dang thing needed a sync so bad...

Chris

I had a single cylinder that was a BITCH to sync up... I could never find the damn nipple to hook the tool to. I ended up giving up and selling the bike to some unsuspecting idiot. I bet it vibrated like crazy on him to. Dang thing needed a sync so bad...

Chris

:rofl_200: Bet you wish you had that now Chris.......them multi carb singles are scarcer'n hens teeth!! :bang head::bang head::rofl_200:

m-c. is that because of the ease of getting to the vacuum ports or just b/c it sync's up the easiest?

also u still owe me full pictures of your bike. you promised months ago! haha

Ease of getting to the ports, no adapters needed, and easy access to the adj. screws.

Still need to get some pics as I keep making changes and only have pics taken in garage while doing the customization. Need to get out in the sun for some pics that are actually in focus.

Back