how quick? put your name to it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In order to run faster than my zx14 with an extra couple hundred lbs, the same hp, and a slower trap speed, it's going to have to have one hell of a launch.

Does it come with jetpacks on the sides?:ummm:

In order to run faster than my zx14 with an extra couple hundred lbs, the same hp, and a slower trap speed, it's going to have to have one hell of a launch.

Comparing the new Max to a ZX14 is like comparing apples and oranges. The better comparison would be against the M109R, Vrod, Rocket 3, et al. Stock out of the box it will take any of the bikes in its class, heck my 97 would take any of the 3 mentioned. With minor mods and a diet (removing the scoops and putting on carbon fibre ones would be a start) will drop its times well into the low-mid 9's. My bet would be a 9.85 avg stock. To play with the big boys on the ZX14's and 'busa's will take some serious mods and $$$$, I think the engine more than capable, but the rest is the big ???

No Jetpacks, but it does come with an awful lot more Torque than the ZX (if the numbers given are accurate). More Torque should help it overcome the extra weight.....up to a point.

I guess
20.67 if the swingarm breaks shifting into 2nd.:rofl_200:
11.57 if it pops out of 2nd:bang head:
13.29 if it has a wobble at 3/4 track
10.38 if it spits out of the airbox
8.94 if it has kniferous
7.18 if it has kniferous with a progressive controller

any other thoughts?:confused2:

with its torque it will be the quickest bike on the street from point a to b...not light to light baby shit....at the track it will not be the quickest or fastest ,, probably 4 bikes that will turn a quicker times

with its torque it will be the quickest bike on the street from point a to b...not light to light baby shit....at the track it will not be the quickest or fastest ,, probably 4 bikes that will turn a quicker times

with it's torque and no burnout to get the tire nice and stickey, it's going to melt the tire off on the street.

Oh yeah, it's not going to be compared to the 109 and v-rod... hell, you can barely classify the 1st gen max with them. The gen 2 is in the same class as bikes like the Tuono, Shiver, B-king, Speed triple, Etc. It's a naked (street fighter) or if you're being really generous, a standard. If yamaha did their homework in the last year of it's production it's going to be .05 faster than a b-king... so 9.85-9.90ish with a 135 lb jockey. or mid 10's with a good average rider.

with it's torque and no burnout to get the tire nice and stickey, it's going to melt the tire off on the street. now your talking racing on the street..in talking riding on the street or meeting up with a busy or zx 14 on the highway max will roll it on and be gone while the other bikes will have to down shift a few time ,,by then its to late....big v twins are running 127 to 140 tq all through the rpm range for years at a lower rpm then any metric...the tire will be no problem on the street if you decide to let it go at a light

If it's going to run with the sport bikes anywhere, it's going to be from a dig. Once you get rolling, it's not even going to be a race. Sure you might find some unsuspecting victim that doesn't know what they'r doing, but if there's another fast bike anyone that thinks they might end up racing is going to go ahead and downshift so that they're in the right RPM range. BTW, i pulled my secondary flies this morning so my bike pulls hard from 2,000 RPM to redline now :punk:

Back