How to remove carbs from manifolds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khaled

Reaction score
I'd like to know how to remove the carb out from the manifold?? it sems that it stuck,, i tried to loosen the joints and then pull the carb up from the manifold ,, but no way... any suggetion??:ummm:

Re: How to remove out my carb?

I'd like to know how to remove the carb out from the manifold?? it sems that it stuck,, i tried to loosen the joints and then pull the carb up from the manifold ,, but no way... any suggetion??:ummm:

Hi Khaled, and welcome to the site. Best Max resource on the interweb!!

My trick to remove stuck carbs: wedge a big screwdriver below the carb bodies (find a nice strong place in a corner) and rest the tip of the screwdriver (protect with rag, rubber or wood) on one of the rocker covers top of engine, then use the screwdriver as a lever - do each corner in turn and the rack of carbs will pop right off!

Was this question just answered days ago? Buster, is there a way the "Search" function can be better highlighted or made known so newbies first, know it is there and a powerful tool for learning and second, keep from using up resources unneccessarily with repetitive posts, answers and suggestions. Not banging the newbies, just thinking that might help themselves a whole lot more if they use this feature and on the flip side, spare the regulars the monotony
of answering the same question with regulatity? My suggestion is an automated welcome message to all new forum users/members that they get when signing up. Something that explains the tabs at the top of the home page and "encourages" ones to put forth a little effort to get answers to there questions. Maybe explain the links and how you can access a shop manual to find out where to check your oil level. Hope I'm not coming off like an ass guys but it would be nice to see the least bit of self motivation to find basic information. I too was a Newb and am still learning and trying new tasks!
And welcome to the most active, helpful and dare I saw exciting Vmax Forum in existence! At least in English!

+1 with the welcome message. I add that if you enable this feature that it also directs the forum newbie to RaWarrior's "New Owners" and your "Carb Bible" FAQ stickies. I reckon that because of the position of these sections in the Home area, that they are easily overlooked

First of all I?d like to thank you all Vmax friends on the forum ,,, actually ,I did it, I removed the carb out from the manifold, cleaned the four carbs and replaced the damaged rubber joints between the manifold and the V boost , and replaced the four air/fuel screws , rebuild the manifold, tuned the V Boost, then installed the carb, then started the engine, it was working perfectly , the RPM seems to be little high (1200) but very smooth for two days for not long trips , I replaced the oil, the oil filter, and then suddenly the engine went very bad like it work in three cylinders and it turned off!! I heard a ? clicking ? sound under the dummy tank cover when it went to off idle speed .
Is it because of synchronize need? I got the vacuum reading for each cylinder as following:
1= 9 inHg 2= 6 inHg 3=4= 10inHg
I know how to adjust the pressure for cylinder 1,3,4 but how to adjust the pressure of the 2nd one? And what the most proper value to be adjusted?? Need for your support.

Attachments

• 20120901_030732 copy.jpg
    20120901_030732 copy.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20120901_015439 copy.jpg
    20120901_015439 copy.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 9
i suggest starting a new thread with a different title to gather more interest. a title like "HELP! Firing on only three cylinders" will cause a stir in the forum. As it is right now, the title of this thread isn't going to bring in the help for your new problem.

The Clicking sound reminds me of the fuel pump. Maybe you pump is not functioning properly. There is information in the "How To" section regarding pump disassembly and how to ensure the diaphragms in the fuel pump are properly located. I would check that first.

As far as your readings on the carb, a certain number to hit is not as important as them all being equal. Check out the carb section. There is a sticky thread at the top on how to synchronize the carburators. It will explain what the different synch screws do and how to use them.

Back