• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I feel the need for Maximization...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not bad. polished or chromed sissy bar. corbin seat. saddle bags part of deal? based on these additions, (of course, it's hard to tell), but it doesn't look like any advanced modding was performed (i.e., suspension and carb jetting). would be interesting to hear what the owner has to say.

This was the guy who wasn't willing to send some high-res pics. The bike in Granger looks nice, but the guy doesn't reply to email. Lots of bikes out there.

Granger bike: http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/2986939349.html

South Bend bike: http://southbend.craigslist.org/mcy/2957773237.html (Too late to call)

Walker,Just let me know whats up on the Granger bike.You and I sound alot alike about looking a bike over real good.Funny how a guys vehicle can have stone chips,scuffs,scratches etc and its no big deal.Those same things on a bike or any other man toy and its a no go for sure.I will take detailed pics. of any issues it may have and email them to you.If the seller pitches a fit I,ll deal with him.I hate dicks.

Thanks man... sorry for the confusion. Been looking at so many bikes it's hard to keep track sometimes. I don't hold a lot of hope for guy in Granger, as he hasn't replied to two emails. I wish people would pull their damned ads when they sell it.

Jesus... sent this last guy a text, which got screwed up and accidentally sent before I could stop it. He sends back a ?. I send another text asking if there are any flaws besides the rub on the side case, and if those are original tires... nothing. Send another text saying "Hello? I have CASH and I'm about to buy a VMAX. Interested...?" ...Nothing. WTF? Hahaha. This is maddening.

Yeah he finally replied to my emails. So you want to check it out for me? That would be awesome. I figure if it's a nice machine I'll go get it Friday.

Yeah he finally replied to my emails. So you want to check it out for me? That would be awesome. I figure if it's a nice machine I'll go get it Friday.

By ignoring you , he has raised your interest level . Don't pull the trigger too fast. or forget to haggle. :punk:

Walker,I Emailed the Granger guy this morning(tues.) about going to look at his bike.I haven,t said anything to him yet.Was just going to tell him I was checking it out for a vmax club member that lived down state.Just want to make sure we are on the same roll of toilet paper.

Walker,I Emailed the Granger guy this morning(tues.) about going to look at his bike.I haven,t said anything to him yet.Was just going to tell him I was checking it out for a vmax club member that lived down state.Just want to make sure we are on the same roll of toilet paper.

Whatever you can do would be great! I emailed him asking if he would be available Friday - no reply. :bang head:

By ignoring you , he has raised your interest level . Don't pull the trigger too fast. or forget to haggle. :punk:

Well, he's not going to sell me a bike by ignoring me. :confused2: This kind of thing seems to be routine! :bang head:

I hate when people post something for sale and then don't have the brains to check their email/messages. Trying to contact them gets annoying for sure!

I hate when people post something for sale and then don't have the brains to check their email/messages. Trying to contact them gets annoying for sure!

Either they don't check their email, or they communicate then go silent, or they sell the bike and lack the decency to delete the ad and just ignore people who inquire. I had gone to the bank and withdrawn cash for one bike and suddenly the dick stops answering his phone for me.

Nice lights btw. :punk:

I need to search and see if I can find anyone who made the gen 1 scoops functional. Even if they threw a little cool air on the engine it would be better than no function at all.

I emailed him this morning and tentatively have set it up for after 4:00pm wed.I need to email him again and finalize it and get his address.Lets see what happens.Dave

I emailed him this morning and tentatively have set it up for after 4:00pm wed.I need to email him again and finalize it and get his address.Lets see what happens.Dave

Can't wait to see how it goes. If it's as sweet as it seems, I would think 4700 is a fair price. I have cash and will travel Friday or Saturday if it looks good. Whatever works for the seller.

Thanks Dave!!!

I,ll let you know how it goes.He hasn,t emailed me back yet,but I have tomorrow off and can see it anytime.Just remember the bike is 15 years old and there is bound to be some age showing.But you can tell in the first 5 minutes if its a keeper or not.

You might look into getting one delivered. I couldn't find one locally and had one shipped from Tennessee to Seattle for around $480. Worth every penny.

You might look into getting one delivered. I couldn't find one locally and had one shipped from Tennessee to Seattle for around $480. Worth every penny.

How did you inspect the bike before deciding to buy it?

I didn't. Lots of pictures and emails with the seller. Trusted my gut and went for it.
That said, there were a few little things that weren't quite up to my expectations, but I figured I did pretty well, sight unseen.
If you want one as nice as its sounds like you do, you would probably want to see it first. I would trust the guys on this list to look at one for you though.
Good luck, hope you get one soon!

I,ll let you know how it goes.He hasn,t emailed me back yet,but I have tomorrow off and can see it anytime.Just remember the bike is 15 years old and there is bound to be some age showing.But you can tell in the first 5 minutes if its a keeper or not.

Did you get the chance to go see the bike?

Latest posts

Back