I finally got 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperraider

Reaction score
I have been a member for a few months now,and finally got my new to me 1985 vmax.I absolutely love the bike,even more than I thought I would.Since it is a 85 there is a few issues that need fixing.I live in Ontario,and was wondering if there are any good vmax mechanics in the area,that would take a look at it for me.

Attachments

• 03242010022.jpg
    03242010022.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 108
Hey bro - welocome! Nice to see fellow Ontarian! Can't recommend a mechanic near you, but some of the other Ontario's might be able to help!

Welcome Piper , nice looking bike. Yellow is definately different & remembered. You'll have no problem finding a tech on this site. :punk:

Wow, I never ceased to be amazed at the sheer amount of custom stuff made for these bikes. I'd say a lot of the parts are home-made. Maybe not what i'd chose but it's different for sure! I am sure with the info on the forum you can do much of the work yourself!

Sean

Yeah, welcome to the forum and V Max ownership! Neat bike for sure. The seat reminds me of a Sportster two up seat.

Take care,
G Man

Wow, I never ceased to be amazed at the sheer amount of custom stuff made for these bikes. I'd say a lot of the parts are home-made. Maybe not what i'd chose but it's different for sure!

Was thinking the samething myself...

Wow, I never ceased to be amazed at the sheer amount of custom stuff made for these bikes. I'd say a lot of the parts are home-made. Maybe not what i'd chose but it's different for sure! I am sure with the info on the forum you can do much of the work yourself!

Sean

Kinda in the same boat here with Sean. It's a different look but hey... If you like it it's aces with me!

Welcome and enjoy...

Chris

I have been a member for a few months now,and finally got my new to me 1985 vmax.I absolutely love the bike,even more than I thought I would.Since it is a 85 there is a few issues that need fixing.I live in Ontario,and was wondering if there are any good vmax mechanics in the area,that would take a look at it for me.

That's a different looking 85! Welcome. Lots of Vmax activity in Ontario. Check out the Ont Chapter section in this forum.

Dale #2592

Welcome aboard!! I have seen that bike a few times at Haugen's in Port Perry. Looks like the PO got the exhaust done, was a work in progress last time I saw it. As Veebooster said, check out our Ontario Chapter section of the forum as we post events there. If you ever need any help let me know and I can ride up to see what I can do.:biglaugh:

Welcome aboard!! I have seen that bike a few times at Haugen's in Port Perry. Looks like the PO got the exhaust done, was a work in progress last time I saw it. As Veebooster said, check out our Ontario Chapter section of the forum as we post events there. If you ever need any help let me know and I can ride up to see what I can do.:biglaugh:

Warning , Warning , these guys will ask you to look at their mod monkey . Be afraid , be very afraid ..... unless you are as crazy as we are ! :eusa_dance:

Also , a note for all new Max owners , if you tend to ride with Harley friends , they will usually give you plenty of room. :punk:

Attachments

• Snow pics 2010 285.jpg
    Snow pics 2010 285.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 33
Warning , Warning , these guys will ask you to look at their mod monkey . Be afraid , be very afraid ..... unless you are as crazy as we are ! :eusa_dance:

Also , a note for all new Max owners , if you tend to ride with Harley friends , they will usually give you plenty of room. :punk:

LOL!!! This is NOT one of those "I'll show you mine if you show me yours'" moments:rofl_200: Besides I am past the Mod Monkey stage, mine is now a Mod Silverback Gorilla, and headed towards King Kong:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I remember when i 1st picked up my '85. And it was yellow as well.. And in 4 boxes of parts and i didn't know where one of them went @ the time..Allways good bring back another '85 VMax from being nothing but sold out parts..I miss that bike now that it's sold..Good luck with getting it back together..

Attachments

• IMG_2638 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2638 (Large).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 31

Or worse....invite you out for a beer, then give you the wrong address!!

What'd I do? :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_1834.jpg
    100_1834.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 24

Tooo Nice! I always liked a "yellow" bike. Goes with my yellow jacket.

Congrats.

BianK-5125
Houston
85 & 2000 VMax

QTIP09 I believe your 1985 is Candy Apple red now and it is running great, I put it on a dyno and it pulled 112 HP

Back