I got it up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggie_1970

Reaction score
Ok so first off all you get your mind out of the gutter , Tim , that includes you.. So my good friend flew into NJ this weekend and he hadnt seen the max and all the work I've done to it since i got it so he stopped by and I let him take it for a ride this past Sunday. Its was the first time I got the chance to hear what the bike sounds like with the holeshot exhaust. I was really happy with how it sounded. I could hear him well over a mile away as he got on it. It sounded mean as hell. Then I had to do the same thing and let him hear how it sounded . For the first time since I had this bike the front end came right up and surprised the hell out of me becuase after reading all the post here about how many people have this bike on one wheel I was begining to think I was the exception. So now heres the kicker, what the heck was different that enabled me to brimg the front up. I got on her just like I have during the riding season. Only thing different is that the temp was in the low 20's and the metzlers had a few extra miles on them but they should be more than broken in...Could the air temperature really have made that much of a difference. I know with drag racing cooler temps are better for producing more HP but is that whats going on here. And does this indicate that my carbs are not tuned as best they could be for warmer weather.. I gotta go see what the rear tire pressure is now..maybe it went down a few lbs and maybe thats helping the rear to hook up better..Any thoughts guys?

It's possible your left fingers and right wrist we're just a little happier than usual because of your buddy's visit??

It's pretty common to go down one or two jet sizes from stock when putting on a full aftermarket exhaust with these bikes. Stock is 152.5. Next size down is 150. Two sizes down is 147.5

Cool air will make you leaner than hot air.
Smaller jets will make you leaner than larger ones.

first thing i thought was how cool itwas probably did it. my bike is noticably more powerful at 50-60 deg vs like 80

It's been in the 40's, 50's and 60's here. My bikes really come alive with those temperatures...:biglaugh: Cold tires tend to spin and then grab making good wheelies happen too...

Yeah I had rejetted down to 147.5's and messed with the needle height so I know I'm close on the tune, but wooowww, it was running wicked this past weekend. Would like for it to run like that all the time...Does cold air lean out or richen up your tune. I can never remember that one

Auggie,
After putting a Marks 4-2 system on my 06 last fall, I noticed the same thing you did .... lifting the front end is noooo problem anymore. I think it's the few extra rear wheel HPs that we're gaining from getting away from the restricted stock exhaust system, which is helping to better lift that heavy front end ! :eusa_dance:
Enjoy ... we're still hibernating here in Michigan :snow:

Yeah but I've had the exhaust on during the summer and I was never able to lift the front....

It's possible your left fingers and right wrist we're just a little happier than usual because of your buddy's visit??

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

The Venture drive kills a lot of the wheelie action, a couple times I've gotten a tiny bit of loft from the front end on the 1-2 shift. It's usually so gentle and light that I don't even notice, the I first heard about it from someone riding next to me as we launched down an on-ramp to the highway, said my front wheel picked up an inch or two.

i . " BRIAN " I WAS CRACKING UP , YOU NO ME WELL , MY MIND WENT IMMEDIATELY INTO THE GUTTER , THATS WHERE I LIKE TO BE ANYWAY ! .. :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200: .. AS FAR AS THE COOLER TEMPS. NO DOUGHT , COOLER AIR MAKES MORE HORSE POWER ! .. :punk: .. AND MAYBE YOUR JETTING IS PERFECT FOR THAT TEMP. ! .. :confused2:

Back